Oklahoma criminalizes abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 04:33 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Oklahoma criminalizes abortion
(21-05-2016 12:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 12:09 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  And if the OK gov did not veto it, it would have been struck down by a federal court as unconstitutional.

In about 2 seconds. Thumbsup
It was probably a stunt, engineered to get votes in the next election.

What I don't get is the complete and utter idiocy behind this bullshit. I mean, it's gotta be on par with chasing a parked car or having a running into the wall contest. The Supreme Court made it's ruling, and there are ways to circumvent or challenge it; but this is not one of those ways. All this is, is a massive waste of everyone's time, effort, and energy; on something that is utterly doomed to failure at first challenge.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 03:59 AM
(20-05-2016 12:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What I truly don't understand is why people living in that state aren't more pissed that their legislators are wasting their tax dollars doing this kind of shit?

It's a waste of money and will be overturned.

I don't care what it is, like making an alience with Klingons or whatever...it's a wasteful use of tax dollars. That is what should upset people...

But the Christian types are claiming it a "win for (only their) freedom". Facepalm

It wont be if Drumpf wins. This crap is why the Bernie and Hillary scorched earthers are pissing me off. If anyone reading this values the long term future of this country we have to stop Trump.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
21-05-2016, 04:30 AM
(21-05-2016 03:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 12:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In about 2 seconds. Thumbsup
It was probably a stunt, engineered to get votes in the next election.

What I don't get is the complete and utter idiocy behind this bullshit. I mean, it's gotta be on par with chasing a parked car or having a running into the wall contest. The Supreme Court made it's ruling, and there are was to circumvent or challenge it; but this is not one of those ways. All this is, is a massive waste of everyone's time, effort, and energy; on something that is utterly doomed to failure at first challenge.

Yep, how many taxpayer hours/dollars were spent on this. These bible beating, god screaming republican fuckers are killing this state just to feed their own egos. And some the dems are just as bad. Makes me sick!

This is what I hate: xtainity is so full of itself here that if you want to succeed in anything you have to throw jebus around name dropping him everywhere. I am serious, have a business, ensure your customer based by spouting godshit or posting godshit in the window. Want to run for some political office, throw godshit at the public and they don't care if you rape women, diddle little children or steal money from the elderly, you are IN man. "Please lead us to the promised land raping and thieving all the way!" What is worse is a lot of these fuckers are not even very religious, they just don't want to buck the status quo. JFC!

They are so fucking stupid! And they out-breed us. This is a no-win sitch here but I still keep fighting the good fight. Sad

*sigh* Okay, end rant. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
21-05-2016, 08:22 PM
From the link.....

"According to the bill's language, anyone who is found to have performed an abortion—except in instances to save the life of the mother—would be found guilty of a felony and could receive up to three years in prison".

So any MD who performed a termination on a 14-year-old girl from an underprivileged home environment, or an orphan and/or ward of the state, who was raped by an unknown perpetrator, and became pregnant could've been locked up for three years? Seriously?

—Although I guess it's not all that surprising considering a Gallup poll in Feb 15 determined that 39% of Oklahomans attend church weekly—compared with only 17% in Vermont, and... a mere 7.5% in Australia. (The study also found that the average age of people attending Catholic and Anglican churches in Australia is around 60 years.)

Abortion is legal in every state of Australia.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-05-2016, 08:39 PM
When I visited OK last year I was astounded by the sheer number of churches ... and I spent part of my youth in East Texas, where you can't throw a rock without hitting a couple of churches.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-05-2016, 08:55 PM
(21-05-2016 08:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I visited OK last year I was astounded by the sheer number of churches ... and I spent part of my youth in East Texas, where you can't throw a rock without hitting a couple of churches.

THROW BIGGER ROX!
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
21-05-2016, 09:03 PM
(21-05-2016 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I visited OK last year I was astounded by the sheer number of churches ... and I spent part of my youth in East Texas, where you can't throw a rock without hitting a couple of churches.

THROW BIGGER ROX!

Now, where did I leave that catapult?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-05-2016, 09:09 PM
(21-05-2016 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  THROW BIGGER ROX!

Now, where did I leave that catapult?

Laugh out load
21-05-2016, 10:02 PM
(21-05-2016 09:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Now, where did I leave that catapult?

Laugh out load

Keep it classy. Use a trebuchet.

I'm pretty sure it's French for 'fuck you, and everything around you'.

[Image: f33.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 11:58 PM
I don't see why you need to criminalize it. I mean the american population can be fine if some women decide not to have a child. Also, not to use a overused arguments, but if a woman is raped in Oklahoma, should she keep the rape baby. Or how about if the woman and the baby will die if she gives birth, will abortion be aloud then?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube