Old Testament Texts / Another Look

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 3.89 Average
03-09-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 08:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Old Testament Texts / Another Look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Old Testament Texts / Another Look
Sorry to say that, i appreciated your work on the text, but thats to much letters for my poor brain.
I read once a book of the origin of the bible and i can barely recall the context, but i thing they wrote about 15 maybe 20 writers and blocktextpassages a.b.c.d and soforth.
Anyway were the bible comes from, anyway wich famous professor is wasting his lifetime to read it and wrote more boring shit about it, it is a book that has no relevance to our life today and it needs to be handled like any other book.
Take it in a library, next to Lord of the Rings.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
03-09-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 05:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-09-2012 02:54 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Sorry to say that, i appreciated your work on the text, but thats to much letters for my poor brain.
I read once a book of the origin of the bible and i can barely recall the context, but i thing they wrote about 15 maybe 20 writers and blocktextpassages a.b.c.d and soforth.
Anyway were the bible comes from, anyway wich famous professor is wasting his lifetime to read it and wrote more boring shit about it, it is a book that has no relevance to our life today and it needs to be handled like any other book.
Take it in a library, next to Lord of the Rings.

Yeah, I do get that. It's like going to the dentist. Tongue I wish there was a way to post a thread, and not have it show up, on the front of our new threads. I really did it, because I have discovered, that many guests come and look for a subject, and long after they are gone from the most recent post, they will find things and read them. The only way to start one is to have it show up in chronological order. But once the guts of a subject is done, we can just link to other threads, and not really do all the work all over again.

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Bucky - did you work on this all week?

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
(03-09-2012 05:22 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Bucky - did you work on this all week?

Nah. I assembled it. It' been in the works for a long time. I'm gonna do a series, I think.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:3. In Christianity, and Hebrew culture, the community stood as the decision maker, and guardian/gate keeper, of what went into a text....A COMMUNITY....NEVER AN INDIVIDUAL.

Except for the book Deuteronomy, which was written mostly by the high priest under King Josiah, claimed to be a "lost book of Moses" that was added to give religious validity to various political stances held by Josiah, and to advance the idea of loyalty to Yahweh, the Jewish war god, ahead of any other of the gods the Jews believed in at the time. Deuteronomy was written by the court of King Josiah, not by the Jewish community.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
03-09-2012, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 08:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-09-2012 07:14 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
Quote:3. In Christianity, and Hebrew culture, the community stood as the decision maker, and guardian/gate keeper, of what went into a text....A COMMUNITY....NEVER AN INDIVIDUAL.

Except for the book Deuteronomy, which was written mostly by the high priest under King Josiah, claimed to be a "lost book of Moses" that was added to give religious validity to various political stances held by Josiah, and to advance the idea of loyalty to Yahweh, the Jewish war god, ahead of any other of the gods the Jews believed in at the time. Deuteronomy was written by the court of King Josiah, not by the Jewish community.

Agree. I said that somewhere, I hope, ("Oh look, we just happened to find this book, Mr. King dude, when we were doing our renovations. Why, it must be the Lost Book of BS, I mean Moses".) Yeah Right.

And "why Yahweh ?". Because Yahweh's cult was centered in Jerusalem, and the court wanted central power.
Actually they also shut down the other two centers of Yahweh worship, one in Beth-El, North of Jerusalem, and one, up in the far North at Dan, so everyone had to do their thing in Jerusalem.
It is really difficult for us today to understand how important that sort of centralization was for power, and Jerusalem grew into a HUGE (almost totally temple based economy). And if you get that, you can see why, when Jeebus came along later, and threatened the economic base of that city, (the "money changer" stuff), they said "off with his head".

Edit : I have come to understand, in studying the Documentary Hypothesis, that the business with Deuteronomy is not quite this simple. There are definite elements of the Elohist writer in it, and it, (the writings of the Deuteronomist) extends beyond just the Book of Deuteronomy. I will take that up a bit later.

03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I forget, are you a theist or an atheist?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
(03-09-2012 08:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I forget, are you a theist or an atheist?

Very funny. Dodgy

03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Tongue

Don't forget to mention how the guy who wrote Matthew basically went through all the old Jewish prophecies looking for anything that could be written into Jesus' story in any way to make him seem more legitimate, and how Paul didn't write the letters attributed to him since he was actually illiterate, and how Peter and Luke, who weren't even Jesus' disciples but lived after he died, basically made up their own religion around Jesus' teachings, and how the guy who wrote Revelations was probably on hallucinogenic mushrooms, and how the entire bible was essentially assembled by committee at the Council of Gnicea.

Basically all the New Testament horse shit as well as the Old. Wink

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.