Old Testament Texts / Another Look

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.57 Average
12-09-2012, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 01:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Old Testament Texts / Another Look
(12-09-2012 12:26 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  There is this game that little children play called "telephone", where a message is repeated and the end result is either garbled or have little bearing on the initial message or..if it was very carefully repeated and "controlled" by the initial person, could be accurate.
The Bible claims to be truth and one can then ask the question - has what is reported as truth ever been proven as lies? No doubt, questions are raised from time to time and doubts cast.
My belief in the God of the Bible rests on faith but without having to put my head in the sand and ignoring issues. That is why I am delighted with your comments. As Christians, we often only discuss issues with other Christians and thus work from the same point of reference.
That there are questions that are very difficult to answer, goes without saying, but this does not by implication invalidate the Christian faith. As proof, it is obvious that (other) highly intelligent persons with the same set of facts that you have, come to a different conclusion.

Exactly. But with out strict control by the game initiator, the game goes off the rails. The Bible had no controller, and we KNOW that, and there is plenty of evidence for that.

Where exactly does the Bible "claim to be truth", and if it's there, how did that claim get there, in the first place ? THAT is the point. The writer claimed truth it for HIS OWN writing. It's circular, and without merit, without an EXTERNAL authentication. There is none.

You believe, because you believe, because you want to believe, because you NEED to believe. Why is that ?

Ultimately, it's not a religious question. It's a PSYCHOLOGICAL question of where that "need" arises from. Neuro-Psych has an answer for that.

Your "other people believe it" is the Argumentum ad Populum fallacy. "Other people" believed the world was flat. They were ALL wrong.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Old Testament Texts / Another Look - Bucky Ball - 12-09-2012 12:20 PM