Old Testament Texts / Another Look

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.57 Average
15-12-2012, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 03:58 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: The Old Testament Texts / Another Look
(18-09-2012 12:47 AM)Fromgenesis Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 07:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The quote is from a mere two posts before, big guy. Dodgy
I was basically referring to the claim "what if you are wrong? position". That was not part of my argument. Of course our decisions have implications and we will have to live with it, but playing a gambling game is not the solution - taking your chances. So you decide to become a Christian just to play it safe? That will never make you a Christian as mere knowledge and a decision to "join" the Christian community is irrelevant to salvation.
Do you really think yours or anyone else's half-baked arbitrary interpretation of ancient texts will buy you a place in an imaginary heaven? Why would a hypothetical god give a flying fuck about what you think or do? I suggest you remove your head from your arse hole.

PS. I don't wish to offend you personally. The salvation paradigm is a toxic doctrine that causes untold damage to psychological health. It's used by churches to control people's behavior. In my opinion to preach it to vulnerable people, and in particular children, is immoral. It won't bother anyone here on the forum though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Old Testament Texts / Another Look - Mark Fulton - 15-12-2012 11:52 PM