Old Testament--Yale Courses online

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Old Testament--Yale Courses online
There is a really good series on The Old Testament on youtube via YaleCourses taught by Christine Hayes. I don't know if anyone has watched her series. I love history--even if it has to do with The Bible. Anyone interested in the historical, literary, and scholarly aspects in relation to the Bible would probably enjoy this series. It is NOT a religious series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo-YL-lv...dMUujXfyWi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: Old Testament--Yale Courses online
I listened to podcasts from Yale (if I remember correctly) that were from a couple Bible courses. Of course, the instructor was a believer but it was presented really well and I learned a lot from it. They were on iTunes U.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-04-2015, 10:07 AM
(25-04-2015 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I listened to podcasts from Yale (if I remember correctly) that were from a couple Bible courses. Of course, the instructor was a believer but it was presented really well and I learned a lot from it. They were on iTunes U.

For this series, I didn't get the sense that Christine Hayes was a believer. But either way--she leaves all of the religious part out of it and talks about the Bible in an academic way.
25-04-2015, 10:12 AM
(25-04-2015 10:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I listened to podcasts from Yale (if I remember correctly) that were from a couple Bible courses. Of course, the instructor was a believer but it was presented really well and I learned a lot from it. They were on iTunes U.

For this series, I didn't get the sense that Christine Hayes was a believer. But either way--she leaves all of the religious part out of it and talks about the Bible in an academic way.

It's been a while since I listened to the series, but the professor was also very academic in his presentation. There were only a couple times when things he said led me to believe he is a Christian. It was well done. I learned a lot of history of the supposed time of Christ.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat