Old guys with bibles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Old guys with bibles
There is a legion of old guys handing out miniature copies of the new testament to the students of my campus. They are lining all of the main streets and standing on all of the street corners. It's getting really annoying to have to tell each one "no thank you" over and over again. Some are pushy, too. Most people are passing them by, which I imagine makes them think the current college generation are godless heathens.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 08:07 AM
RE: Old guys with bibles
(10-09-2013 07:58 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  There is a legion of old guys handing out miniature copies of the new testament to the students of my campus. They are lining all of the main streets and standing on all of the street corners. It's getting really annoying to have to tell each one "no thank you" over and over again. Some are pushy, too. Most people are passing them by, which I imagine makes them think the current college generation are godless heathens.

You could alternate with "Fuck you", "Piss off", "Sod off you crazy bugger", "Fuck off",
"Out of my face, you delusional twit", and so on.

Get creative! Have fun! Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Re: Old guys with bibles
You'll find that very often... If your college is "hip" and extra liberal, you'll get more Harri Krishnas going around with texts.

I think you should just respond with Bible spoilers like, "David winds up with Batsheva, and sends her hubby back to die"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2013, 03:04 PM
(10-09-2013 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  You could alternate with "Fuck you", "Piss off", "Sod off you crazy bugger", "Fuck off",

Chas, the most honest of oldies. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Be like Buddy The Elf, take all of em!

Yes, please, thank you.

Yes, please, thank you.

Yes, please, thank you.

If they catch on to you, tell them you're collecting bibles to distribute them to students at ANOTHER college... LOL
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
(10-09-2013 03:04 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  You could alternate with "Fuck you", "Piss off", "Sod off you crazy bugger", "Fuck off",

Chas, the most honest of oldies. Big Grin

Honest, but subtle. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Subtle... like a shotgun blast to the face?

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
10-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Ah yes, the old reliable Gideon's. Same organization responsible for the little new testament copies in motel rooms. Seen them more than once in my lifetime.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
(10-09-2013 07:58 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  There is a legion of old guys handing out miniature copies of the new testament to the students of my campus. They are lining all of the main streets and standing on all of the street corners. It's getting really annoying to have to tell each one "no thank you" over and over again. Some are pushy, too. Most people are passing them by, which I imagine makes them think the current college generation are godless heathens.

Take one. All the rest, take one and then offer the one you have in trade. They get to hand out lots and feel good, you only have to throw one away. Thumbsup

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Hari Krishnas, they still exist? Really? I thought they were a hippie fad.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man