Old habits die hard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: Old habits die hard
(21-03-2014 09:47 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 09:33 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  PHYSICIST FIGHT!!!!

Watch out, Lady. I hear he's got this punch that will hit you on both sides of your face at the same time...

It's called Schrödingers punch Cool

[Image: schrodinger_cat_by_karbonkirby-d3zdkq6.jpg]

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
21-03-2014, 10:00 AM
(21-03-2014 09:49 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Please do send me any and all recommendations for educational materials.
[quote]

I'll compile a list of good ones and fire a pm your way Smile

[quote]
Yeah, I guess it's just because they simply cannot fathom that there is no god and no devil, so if you don't worship god you're OBVIOUSLY an agent of satan.

and kittens are delicious. Evil_monster

[Image: The-Atheist-e.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 10:07 AM
(21-03-2014 09:57 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 09:45 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  What sort of physicist are you? *glares*
Because I'm the real kind! Everyone knows astronomy is the original science! Tongue

I am a grad student in solid state working on quantum magnetism.

Which is a field that didn't even exist a century ago. So the seniority on that's pretty clear, I guess...

Wink

Pfffffft... Like.... Like.... That's totally not as complicated as astrophysics.... We know, like, the lense makers equation and shit! #panic
SHUDDUP!
Laugh out load

I'm still just a lowly undergrad for a little while longer... Went on long term sick leave in the middle of doing my bachelors project Facepalm
21-03-2014, 10:08 AM
(21-03-2014 09:47 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 09:33 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  PHYSICIST FIGHT!!!!

Watch out, Lady. I hear he's got this punch that will hit you on both sides of your face at the same time...

It's called Schrödingers punch Cool

The Schrodinger's Punch both hits you and doesn't hit you until a ruling is made by a judge, only then does his fist either hit your or not.

The one I'm talking about is the double slit punch.

You could always confuse him with a counter attack using Heisenberg's Hit. He'll either know where your fist is, or how fast the punch is moving. Almost impossible to dodge.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
21-03-2014, 10:12 AM
(21-03-2014 10:08 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The Schrodinger's Punch both hits you and doesn't hit you until a ruling is made by a judge, only then does his fist either hit your or not.

You could always confuse him with a counter attack using Heisenberg's Hit. He'll either know where your fist is, or how fast the punch is moving. Almost impossible to dodge.

Pfffff, geek! Tongue (I think I just got a little crush on you Heart )
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 10:18 AM
(21-03-2014 10:12 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:08 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The Schrodinger's Punch both hits you and doesn't hit you until a ruling is made by a judge, only then does his fist either hit your or not.

And damn proud of it. I never saw the impact of being called a nerd or a geek. To me, it was like saying "HAHA, You're smart! Look at the Smarty McSmarterton. Doesn't it suck to be so smart?"

No, it actually kinda rocks.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
21-03-2014, 10:23 AM
(21-03-2014 10:12 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  

Please. Leave him to his commuting. We'll try a little field coupling and see just how invariant those curves really are.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
21-03-2014, 10:24 AM
(21-03-2014 10:18 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:12 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Pfffff, geek! Tongue (I think I just got a little crush on you Heart )

And damn proud of it. I never saw the impact of being called a nerd or a geek. To me, it was like saying "HAHA, You're smart! Look at the Smarty McSmarterton. Doesn't it suck to be so smart?"

Exactly how it was meant! As ironic use of something awesome as a derogatory and as a compliment Smile

Mostly you were just very funny. Again.
21-03-2014, 10:28 AM
(21-03-2014 10:23 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:12 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Pfffff, geek! Tongue (I think I just got a little crush on you Heart )

Please. Leave him to his commuting. We'll try a little field coupling and see just how invariant those curves really are.

Okay, also a little crush on you now... Haha. My boyfriend will end up objecting to this forum.
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
21-03-2014, 10:31 AM
(21-03-2014 10:24 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:18 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And damn proud of it. I never saw the impact of being called a nerd or a geek. To me, it was like saying "HAHA, You're smart! Look at the Smarty McSmarterton. Doesn't it suck to be so smart?"

Exactly how it was meant! As ironic use of something awesome as a derogatory and as a compliment Smile

Mostly you were just very funny. Again.

I'm only as funny as my audience thinks I am. I like having you as an audience...

Also, I'm nearly impossible to offend. I got bullied a lot when I was a kid, so I grew some thick skin. I'm very short, extremely pale, socially awkward, and I work in IT... I'm like a walking cliche.