Old people memories

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 03:44 PM
RE: Old people memories
I remember comic books having a full page in the back, of dozens of neat things you could order. For all I know they still do. My favorite was the Tricky Dick wristwatch. My parents refused to let me order one. Of course now it's a collector's item but I would have gladly worn mine. I remember it as having his arms be the watches arms. Can't find a picture of that one. But his eyes shifted back and forth sort of like this one:

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Who remembers these?

[Image: Kliklak_02.jpg]

I desperately wanted to have a set, but my mother didn't allow for it, since there was some article mentioning how dangerous they are. But they were on the same lines as a new iphone is today. If you were cool, you'd have to have them.

Or that. Bit later on the timeline but equally on the must have list.

[Image: 78slime.jpg]

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
21-07-2017, 04:33 PM
(21-07-2017 03:55 PM)abaris Wrote:  Who remembers these?

[Image: Kliklak_02.jpg]

I desperately wanted to have a set, but my mother didn't allow for it, since there was some article mentioning how dangerous they are. But they were on the same lines as a new iphone is today. If you were cool, you'd have to have them.

Clackers! I had a set or two... they were fun for about 5 minutes and then there wasn't much else to do with them. I guess if you did it hard enough they could shatter and send little slivers of the plastic shooting everywhere. Good times.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I GOT SOOOOO GOOD AT THOSE! Then they did a recall on them because of shattering and my parents took mine away. My father tried to make it up to me by making new ones out of something similar to superballs. Which did not work out well at all.

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Who here remembers "Where's the beef?" And "I ate the whole thing." And can easily finish this:

Two all beef patties....

[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-07-2017, 07:47 PM
(21-07-2017 06:35 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Who here remembers "Where's the beef?" And "I ate the whole thing." And can easily finish this:

Two all beef patties....

special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun

followed by plop plop fizz fizz

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Oh what a relief it is...

Do you remember Geritol? For iron-poor blood?

22-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I remember watching the trains running on the tracks at the back of our farm...I remember when these disappeared from trains (in the early 80's I think):

[Image: cupola_caboose.jpg]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
22-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Our family's first home computer (with cassette tape storage! Ohmy ):

[Image: model1c.jpg]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
22-07-2017, 01:38 PM
(22-07-2017 01:03 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Our family's first home computer (with cassette tape storage! Ohmy ):

[Image: model1c.jpg]

I had the very same, first one that came out. Stood in line to buy it on that day. Also had a cradle for your phone so you could go on the internet. There were some individual bulletin boards online, and there was compuserve.

I don't know why, the thought of a PC just fascinated me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post