Oldest human ancestor found in lake sludge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Oldest human ancestor found in lake sludge
Add this to the list of physical realities that the various religious creation myths didn't account for:
http://news.discovery.com/animals/oldest...20428.html

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like lightninlives's post
29-04-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Oldest human ancestor found in lake sludge
Pff...this is proof of nothing but the slyness of the Devil who planted that organism so foolish scientists would think the world is older than 6,000 years!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-04-2012, 10:57 AM
(29-04-2012 10:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pff...this is proof of nothing but the slyness of the Devil who planted that organism so foolish scientists would think the world is older than 6,000 years!
Nice! Why didn't I think of that?

I am the unconverted
[+] 1 user Likes lightninlives's post
29-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Nifty.

Did any one figure out if they meant it was from a fourth kingdom? That's what I think but it wasn't explicitly said.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
29-04-2012, 02:20 PM
(29-04-2012 12:47 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Nifty.

Did any one figure out if they meant it was from a fourth kingdom? That's what I think but it wasn't explicitly said.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
It's probably too early to make many sound conclusions. But it sure is cool when you seen a real-life example of how the scientific body of knowledge is ever changing and amendable to new discoveries that change the way we perceive the nature of the physical world.

I am the unconverted
29-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't get it. How did they determine that it was ancestral to humans? It's rather far removed from us genetically and physically, and it's not an animal that has traits that must have been part of our evolution (like coelacanth). I'm not assuming that they made this up to be sensational, but it seems like a rather important fact to leave out of the article, especially given the headline.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I found the article really thin, especially because I didn't see an easy reference to a fuller one. The information suggested just really needed more discussion than they alloted to it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
29-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I wonder if threw selective breeding you could create a human?

semi-serious.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-04-2012, 08:35 PM
If you just google the term Collodictyon you can get more details on what it is and why it's an ancestor of humans (and likely most if not all things that have ever or will ever live on Earth).

They've been studying this thing for decades, so I'm assuming that they've been fairly thorough and careful not to make any assertions that aren't backed up by reams of evidence.

I am the unconverted
29-04-2012, 09:36 PM
...and on the 6th day God said, "Let there be microscopic algae-eaters that live in lakes and humans will find them and be totally confused thinking that they are 1 billion years old".
That's in Genesis by the way. Read that just this morning. KJV if you're looking.
Also if you remember Noah got the water sample from Norway before the flood.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So the human authors of the bible hate knowledge... Forthright Atheist 2 90 11-06-2014 12:21 PM
Last Post: Airportkid
  On the Reliability of Human Intuition Vosur 7 118 22-05-2014 06:54 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Human dignity: a problem for atheists? Doubter 30 524 24-04-2014 11:49 AM
Last Post: djhall
  Freedom From Religion, Converted Human elconquistador 9 319 17-04-2014 09:22 AM
Last Post: 89JeepYJ
  Wow! The Holy Grail has been found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dancefortwo 18 361 02-04-2014 11:13 AM
Last Post: Anjele
  Look at this BS post I found on my Facebook feed. 66k likes too! TheLogicalAthiest 18 513 17-03-2014 03:59 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Lake of fire donotwant 30 419 28-02-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: DeavonReye