Oldest living things in the world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Oldest living things in the world
Glad to say I'm not on the list but I have seen two out of the eleven listed. The yucca plant and the bristlecone pine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/27...30282.html

I'd love to hear what fundies think of this. How does a yucca plant survive a biblical flood? Inquiring minds want to know.

There was a tree in Norway (?) that was 10,000 years old but I don't see it listed. The 100,000 Seagrass is amazing though. Wow.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-03-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Oldest living things in the world
Very interesting read Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
27-03-2014, 12:58 PM
(27-03-2014 12:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'd love to hear what fundies think of this. How does a yucca plant survive a biblical flood? Inquiring minds want to know.

Simple: they'll just tell you the dating is off. If you bring up other compelling evidence, they'll go full-fundy on you and invoke goddidit/flooddidit. Seriously. There are people who will say that the fossils got all mixed up when the flood stirred up all the sediment, or something. Also, the flood caused Pangaea to separate. Five thousand years ago.

They're weird like that. Never underestimate cognitive dissonance.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Some mornings I feel as if I should be one it!

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
27-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Well hell, since I'm home sick today I might as well post some more "old dilapidated stuff" cause that's what I feel like.

Here's the world's biggest ship graveyard and some of what these guys are doing to dismantle the ships is what my stomach feels like.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...2-day.html

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
27-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I call BS. Neither Chas nor War Horse are on the list and I'm sure they've got a few beat by an order of magnitude or more. Tongue

In seriousness, though, the fundies will just fall back on "carbon dating isn't accurate" or some other BS. My BiL once said that we radiometric dating is false because we don't know if the decay rate was the same thousands of years ago... Dodgy

They'll use the same tactics that they use to deny fossils that are millions of years old. Their reasoning goes something like this: "NUH UH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALALALALALA. SCIENCE IS THE DEVIL." and then claim victory because you were too busy shoving your hand through your own face to respond.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
27-03-2014, 02:10 PM
(27-03-2014 01:56 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I call BS. Neither Chas nor War Horse are on the list and I'm sure they've got a few beat by an order of magnitude or more. Tongue

Whatdayamean I'm not on the list...... shit ! I'm about to turn into dust and these fuckers ignore me ? Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
28-03-2014, 12:46 AM
So, you're telling me that Satan and/or God placed 100,000 year old looking grass at the bottom of the ocean 6000 years ago just to trick us? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
28-03-2014, 01:40 AM
That grass looks mowed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-03-2014, 01:58 AM
(28-03-2014 01:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That grass looks mowed.

[Image: florida-manatee-kings-bay-615.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post