Oldest recorded "God"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Today, 10:18 AM
RE: Oldest recorded "God"?
I find it funny that Ghost actually stated that he would not tolerate ad hominem and then he went on to basically shut himself down from the conversation and "sort of" attack others who disagreed with him. Moral relativism to me is just an excuse for not having to discuss subjects extensively and profundly and is also a defense against the idea that one's personal preconceptions might be wrong (sort of a way to protecting personal dogmas). If there are multiple truths out there and there all valid to the same degree, then anyone can simply invent anything and shield her/himself behind moral relativism, this would lead us nowhere. No, we have to discern the truth, evalute postulates and discard those which don't work, especially if they are held by a lot of people.

There may (and will) be multiple correct ways to address a problem or issue, and all those identified as relevant in order to address said issue, but not all ideas deserve the same consideration.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Today, 10:32 AM
(Today 10:18 AM)mauporte Wrote:  I find it funny that Ghost actually stated that he would not tolerate ad hominem and then he went on to basically shut himself down from the conversation and "sort of" attack others who disagreed with him. Moral relativism to me is just an excuse for not having to discuss subjects extensively and profundly and is also a defense against the idea that one's personal preconceptions might be wrong (sort of a way to protecting personal dogmas). If there are multiple truths out there and there all valid to the same degree, then anyone can simply invent anything and shield her/himself behind moral relativism, this would lead us nowhere. No, we have to discern the truth, evalute postulates and discard those which don't work, especially if they are held by a lot of people.

There may (and will) be multiple correct ways to address a problem or issue, and all those identified as relevant in order to address said issue, but not all ideas deserve the same consideration.

You are a newbie. Nuff said. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
Today, 10:33 AM
(Today 10:18 AM)mauporte Wrote:  I find it funny that Ghost actually stated that he would not tolerate ad hominem and then he went on to basically shut himself down from the conversation and "sort of" attack others who disagreed with him.

Not as funny as resurrecting a dead thread to scold long-absent members. Ans by "funny" I mean "douchebag." Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
Today, 10:49 AM
I always liked Ghost as a poster here along with several disagreements on his views I had.

But man, this is a cool thread to begin with and had some quality information of links coming up, but it got awkwardly derailed there and suddenly died.

But I'm very confused by this necro, it seems this here drive-by necro poster, by the response, was looking up moral relativism or something and found this thread and deemed it worthy of making an account to comment on. But not finding it via looking up oldest god questions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson