Olympic Marathoner claims God is his coach

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Olympic Marathoner claims God is his coach
The other day CNN was interviewing Olympic Marathoner, Ryan Hall, about his "faith based training". He claims that God tells him how to train. In fact, before one race God told him to "rest more than he ever has before" and he did and got his best time ever.

I'm not sure what was more insulting, that a reputable news organization was conducting a real interview with this guy or that his god is one that cares more about athletes than people suffering. I'm sure he believes this shit just like Tim Tebow believe God is on his side. But don't they see how small that makes their god and their entire belief system.

Link to interview - http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/18...-as-coach/

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
20-07-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: Olympic Marathoner claims God is his coach
(20-07-2012 03:01 PM)free2011 Wrote:  The other day CNN was interviewing Olympic Marathoner, Ryan Hall, about his "faith based training". He claims that God tells him how to train. In fact, before one race God told him to "rest more than he ever has before" and he did and got his best time ever.

I'm not sure what was more insulting, that a reputable news organization was conducting a real interview with this guy or that his god is one that cares more about athletes than people suffering. I'm sure he believes this shit just like Tim Tebow believe God is on his side. But don't they see how small that makes their god and their entire belief system.

Link to interview - http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/18...-as-coach/
The interview is legitimate news. An interviewer buying in to it is not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Olympic Marathoner claims God is his coach
Chas I think we'll have to put "news" in quotations on this one

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user