Olympics closing ceremony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: Olympics closing ceremony
(13-08-2012 12:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-08-2012 12:24 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Name for a less costly Italian Cafe.

Ah, ok. Thanks.
I thought maybe it referred to that pic you have as your sig.
Please remove it, it's making be feel nauseous.

[Image: tumblr_llqud2DX2V1qb2x4qo1_400.gif]

Better? Laughat

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-08-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 03:41 PM by cufflink.)
RE: Olympics closing ceremony
Here in the States, NBC fucked us over one last time. As soon as the Olympic cauldron was extinguished, and before The Who could perform (The Who, for godsake!!!), they stopped broadcasting from London and switched to airing a pilot of a new, hopelessly lame sitcom they're pushing called "Animal Practice"--but "commercial free," as if we were supposed to love them forever for such a gift. Then, an hour later, at midnight, a shortened version of the "closing party," including The Who, resumed. Greedy corporate bastards.

Here's a letter I've just written to the CEO of NBC Universal--a little over the top, perhaps, but I was incensed.

===============================

Dear Mr. Burke:

NBC’s inexplicable decision to delay airing the “closing party” of the 2012 Olympics in favor of an hour of “Animal Practice” may be the single worst programming blunder in the history of network television.

Making viewers wait until midnight to see and hear The Who while treating them instead to the pilot of a feeble new comedy, commercial-free or not, was an outrage. I wonder if you fathom the extent of the ill will directed towards NBC because of this decision, coming as it did on the heels of all the other grievances relating to your Olympic coverage.

A television network has higher responsibilities than simply increasing its profits, and never more so than when it has a monopoly on an event as huge as the Olympics. It’s clear you’ve put crass corporate concerns over the welfare of your viewers. You owe us more than that—and you’ve let us down.

Ironically, you’ve hurt yourself in the process. I know of no one who’s willing to give “Animal Practice” a chance at this point. Such is the level of anger at NBC.

Milton Friedman might approve of how you’ve handled yourselves during the 2012 Olympics, but I assure you few Americans outside your organization feel the same.

Sincerely,

===============================

ETA: Here's an article from Forbes about what's now "the most hated show on television."

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post