Omaha!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Omaha!
No, not Peyton's shout before every snap, but the city in Nebraska that, today, is embroiled in seething controversy. You see, the city School Board is attempting to introduce new sex education material, some of which is detailed about the biology of the mating process and its potential consequences.

Can you guess what's occurring?

Yep, the forces of stupidity (otherwise known as American Chlristendom) are coming out in droves to protest this. Spouting such phrases as "that course rapes children of their innocence", "(we need to resist) in order to keep our daughters pure", and "our children are being force-fed material straight from the pits of hell".

Even though the DATA says very clearly that young people who have appropriate sex education get pregnant less frequently, and pick up fewer STDs, than young people who have been taught abstinence-only.

And Christians wonder why sensible people see them in the same way we see the Taliban. lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like coyote's post
20-01-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Omaha!
If children had human rights, they'd have the right to have this information whether their parents said so or not. Someday children will have rights to human personal knowledge that will help them be healthier people like sex ed, gender ed, mental health ed, biological information from biological parents regardless of adoption and no juvenile indoctrination until they are at least 15. Someday.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
20-01-2016, 03:49 PM
This is the States we're talking about. The children should have the legal right to sue their parents for keeping them in ignorance when they get pregnant or catch an STD.

Worked for the tobacco companies, time for the churches.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Christians against sex education? It's kinda unsurprising. Also now they only spout nonsense not burn on a stake so I call it progress.

Seriously though some can not be reasoned with which wouldn't be my concern if not for cost that future generation will pay for parents idiocy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
21-01-2016, 04:15 AM
Before I left school in 1972, aged 8, we had already had a sex education class which also invited parents. That was 1972.

America, you are falling way behind. I cannot help. It is up to you Americans.

It is now 2016.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-01-2016, 06:55 AM
(21-01-2016 04:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Before I left school in 1972, aged 8, we had already had a sex education class which also invited parents. That was 1972.

America, you are falling way behind. I cannot help. It is up to you Americans.

It is now 2016.

I'm a couple of years older than you are and received my primary education in public schools in South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama during the 60s and 70s. Despite that we were taught sex education. We even learned about evolution. That was before Reagan and the rise to prominence of the so called moral majority though. It isn't so much that we are falling behind as we are rushing headlong in the wrong fucking direction.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
22-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Contemporary American Christianity's biggest problem? Sex obsession. Arguably, of course, this has been part of the faith since Saul of Tarsus changed his name.

To the extent that American Christianity has become associated in the minds of many with political conservatism, consider what might change if Christians could stop freaking out over sex.

Magically stripped of their need to freak out over things like gay marriage (or gay anything), sex education, fearing women's sexuality and even, perhaps, abortion (or at least less juice on the issue), one can imagine some Christians might begin casting their eyes about the Bible for other moral messaging about such things as fairness, what they do to "the least of these," the problems associated with greed and wealth....

Eliminate the Christian obsession with sex and you might, just might, eliminate 80% of the problems with the religion itself.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 3 users Like claywise's post
22-01-2016, 07:39 AM
(20-01-2016 02:11 PM)coyote Wrote:  Even though the DATA says very clearly that young people who have appropriate sex education get pregnant less frequently, and pick up fewer STDs, than young people who have been taught abstinence-only.

It's amazing how immune they are to this data. Similarly, I've heard increased promiscuity cited as the reason for not allowing HPV vaccines for girls (to prevent cervical cancer) and not increasing access to birth control (to prevent unwanted pregnancies to reduce abortion... which they consider murder).

So, their stated position is that (potential, and completely unproven!) increases in promiscuity are worse than cancer and murder. This is why I refuse to be lectured on morality by conservative Christians.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-01-2016, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016 06:19 AM by Ace.)
omaha-gawd

can we please sterilize the gene pool of unwanted genes already
pretty please with cherry and vodka
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
22-01-2016, 11:00 PM
(22-01-2016 11:01 AM)Ace Wrote:  omaha-gawd

can we please sisterly the gene pool of unwanted genes already
pretty please with cherry and vodka