Omegle - My first conversation with a "Christian".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 10:53 PM
RE: Omegle - My first conversation with a "Christian".
(24-08-2012 10:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Evidence for me being elect:
So, that’s my evidence. I guess the most concrete part of it is the fact that my beliefs radically changed and became cemented by no choice of my own.[/i]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-08-2012, 11:02 PM
(24-08-2012 10:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 10:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Evidence for me being elect:
So, that’s my evidence. I guess the most concrete part of it is the fact that my beliefs radically changed and became cemented by no choice of my own.[/i]

[Image: 15598688_Retroware-Tv-Deja-Vu---Retrowar...eview--jpg]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 02:43 PM
(24-08-2012 10:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Driving home from work one day, my life changed. My heart was opened to a higher power; even though I didn't know whom. I'll try my best to explain this: I found myself suddenly and sincerely praying and listening to this higher power for guidance. This was wholly strange to me because up until that moment I didn't believe in a God that I could talk to.

Hey! Thanks for the reply, now I took my sweet time (I meant to sooner but then it got swept away and now I've remembered). Apologies!

So, I am sure you've also heard many reasonable and probable scientific explanations for this here, then? Or it seems you have searched them on your own, since you seemed put off by this at first. I won't go through the list unless you want me to of course, if you enjoy the debate of it or what have you. Smile

Okay, I'll name a few. Tics (like in tourettes- yes you can get random ones without a diagnosis- a sort of synapse lapse). Stresses, both mental or physical- so even if you're not feeling 'stressed' your brain can be or it can be a mild stress, like a minor argument with a loved one. Also hypnosis (my personal favourite for no particular reason) where you were predisposed to the notion. Even as simple as an aunt making a comment as a child that they see it happening is enough of a suggestion, "God will come to you on a regular moment and shake you awake!". Especially if they looked right at you (the eyes have a HUGE psychological impact in communication). This combined with a stress is a very likely cause, in addition to the indoctrination you received (even if you didn't accept it). There are many more possibilities, too. These are just what came to mind first.

You know after this, you've strengthened it through molding a believing brain even more and more? But you can go back and think about this and re evaluate.

I understand though, that you've built a life around this- wife, family, community. And you have no doubt either, absolutely none, since you've combined reality and logic to suit your beliefs. So yes, this equals a type of dillusion or denial.

Have you had these random urges to pray really hard since, or other urges? Or did God just give you the one to spin everything off of?
Find all posts by this user