Omegle - My first conversation with a "Christian".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: Omegle - My first conversation with a "Christian".
(21-08-2012 12:07 AM)KVron Wrote:  KC, what if that stranger becomes an atheist because of your conversation?
Would you feel bad about it?

I can't act outside God's will.

So no. My conversation with him was for a purpose and part of God's plan.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2012, 08:47 AM
(21-08-2012 07:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 02:05 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Wow. So is this basically a sum of the 100 pages of ask a theist?

KC, I'm curious what happened in your life that has left you with this faith-grip that eats away at the reality you live in? Why do you keep imbedding your neuronal pathways to mold this delusion into your brain's way to perceive the reality you live in? You can imbed new pathways and not be a slave to a myth, you know. You are beyond smart enough to do this and to live truly free.

LJ, it was a sudden and drastic change. Something I can't explain.

And haven't tried hard enough to do so.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2012, 08:50 AM
(21-08-2012 08:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 07:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  LJ, it was a sudden and drastic change. Something I can't explain.

And haven't tried hard enough to do so.Drinking Beverage

Oh you

21-08-2012, 01:31 PM
(21-08-2012 12:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 12:07 AM)KVron Wrote:  KC, what if that stranger becomes an atheist because of your conversation?

He shouldn't. It was all orchestrated by God.

(21-08-2012 07:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I can't act outside God's will.

Oh, for one moment I thought Erxomai was not being serious... my mistake.

So KC, I guess you should never feel bad about things you do... or about the consequences of your acts.
But I'm sure you've explained this before in another thread, so I'll stop here.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
21-08-2012, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 09:42 PM by ddrew.)
Well I saw this thread and figured what the hell... so i went to omegle and gave it a shot... LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You and the stranger both like Christian.

You: hello

Stranger: Hi

You: was wondering if you could help me with a bible contradiction

Stranger: What do u need help with

You: well.. let's see

You: Luke 1:37
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Stranger: Alright

You: Hebrews 6:18
It was impossible for God to lie.

Stranger: Um I don't know

You: you go to church often?

Stranger: Yeah

You: maybe your pastor could help you with that one

You: I don't go to church so .. figured i'd ask here

Stranger: I'm methodist

You: and what does that mean again? there's so many different sectors of christians..

Stranger: i Don't know

You: you dont' seem to know alot about somthing your giving blind faith too....

Stranger: I just know the difference between Methodism and baptism

You: oh. I see

You: do you believe in a young earth or old earth ?

Stranger: Don't know the difference

You: not suprised .. eh.. young earth means you believe in the OT creation ... earth is only 10,000 years old... old earth is more of believing in a earth that is 4.6 billions years

Stranger: Old

You: how old are you might I ask?

Stranger: 12

You: ahh!! no wonder you don't know anything.. alright well.. good luck kid

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
21-08-2012, 03:18 PM
(21-08-2012 02:55 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Stranger: 12

You: ahh!! no wonder you don't know anything.. alright well.. good luck kid

The brilliant thing about this is, it works as a response no matter how old the respondent is Big Grin
21-08-2012, 08:03 PM
More and more I want to get involved in this kind of stuff, but I just don't think I could do well...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
21-08-2012, 10:18 PM
(21-08-2012 07:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 02:05 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Wow. So is this basically a sum of the 100 pages of ask a theist?

KC, I'm curious what happened in your life that has left you with this faith-grip that eats away at the reality you live in? Why do you keep imbedding your neuronal pathways to mold this delusion into your brain's way to perceive the reality you live in? You can imbed new pathways and not be a slave to a myth, you know. You are beyond smart enough to do this and to live truly free.

LJ, it was a sudden and drastic change. Something I can't explain.

Can't, or won't? Won't even try?

I can't think of anything I haven't been able to at least express somehow to people. Language is a very beautiful thing, and you are very well spoken.

But, I'm sure that has already been asked here before (looks like Chas had a try at getting it from you? Tongue ).

Before atheism, I protected certain experiences with everything I had and clung to them because they were everything- that is, at least, what I thought.

If you can't explain these things, I think you deep down know the real answer. I think you know the truth. I'm not even sure it's delusion as much as denial. It is hard switching to atheism- or even just reality, as a less seemingly harsh word-, I won't lie. I think many would agree with this, many have been so embedded with this life and experienced the places christianity, or other, will go- which is in every single space and place possible. It's even scary (leaving theistic life)- probably one of the scariest things. But, on the other side, it is the best thing. And the most comforting thing. And did I mention freeing, yet? And not in a fake, I 'feel' it way. I mean in the most authentic, real way- freedom.

Just sayin', friend. Smile

(I'm sure this seems like a 'conversion', but honestly, I am super curious what this sole thing you base your faith and life on is. That's pretty big and has me curious, because I've never heard anything that has made me think Christianity to be true.)
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
24-08-2012, 10:33 PM
(21-08-2012 10:18 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 07:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  LJ, it was a sudden and drastic change. Something I can't explain.

Can't, or won't? Won't even try?

I can't think of anything I haven't been able to at least express somehow to people. Language is a very beautiful thing, and you are very well spoken.

But, I'm sure that has already been asked here before (looks like Chas had a try at getting it from you? Tongue ).

Before atheism, I protected certain experiences with everything I had and clung to them because they were everything- that is, at least, what I thought.

If you can't explain these things, I think you deep down know the real answer. I think you know the truth. I'm not even sure it's delusion as much as denial. It is hard switching to atheism- or even just reality, as a less seemingly harsh word-, I won't lie. I think many would agree with this, many have been so embedded with this life and experienced the places christianity, or other, will go- which is in every single space and place possible. It's even scary (leaving theistic life)- probably one of the scariest things. But, on the other side, it is the best thing. And the most comforting thing. And did I mention freeing, yet? And not in a fake, I 'feel' it way. I mean in the most authentic, real way- freedom.

Just sayin', friend. Smile

(I'm sure this seems like a 'conversion', but honestly, I am super curious what this sole thing you base your faith and life on is. That's pretty big and has me curious, because I've never heard anything that has made me think Christianity to be true.)

Sorry LJ. I just saw this. I posted this in the Ask a Theist thread a few weeks ago:

What I said in this thread.

Evidence for me being elect:

Growing up, I was always embarrassed of Christianity and whenever my parents talked about Jesus. I thought church was silly, and I found the stories nothing more than fantasy.

I finally accepted agnosticism in college as my official belief, and I began to rip Christianity apart with the use of logic and rationality. I would combat Christians on the Internet via forums and use the aforementioned tactics against them to make them look like fools. I was good at it.

Driving home from work one day, my life changed. My heart was opened to a higher power; even though I didn't know whom. I'll try my best to explain this: I found myself suddenly and sincerely praying and listening to this higher power for guidance. This was wholly strange to me because up until that moment I didn't believe in a God that I could talk to.

My beliefs so drastically changed than I began to get angry with myself. I didn't understand how I could rationally accept that there was a higher power that I could converse with. It wasn't logical. Also, I never wanted to talk to a higher power, and I didn't understand how I was doing it if I didn't choose to. My knowledge of religion pre-empted the idea that I had to choose it.

The higher power led me to read and study the Bible. This was the first time that I’ve ever actually done it. It was at this time that I realized that the higher power I was talking to was the Christian God; however, I still didn’t understand why I didn’t get a choice. As my studying intensified, I began to learn about election. And then, it made sense. I realized that then reason I didn’t have a choice is because I was never planned to have a choice.

I knew that I was elect because I learned that those who are elect can hear the will of God and those that aren’t cannot even understand it.

So, that’s my evidence. I guess the most concrete part of it is the fact that my beliefs radically changed and became cemented by no choice of my own.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-08-2012, 10:36 PM
(21-08-2012 07:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I can't act outside God's will.

Wasn't your conversation, it was God's, he was just using you to type, and using the other dude to respond.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.