Omfg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Omfg
(18-03-2014 09:37 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Did we suffer from another DDoS?

That's what I'm wondering. It seems to just happen intermittently throughout the last couple of days. Seems more like a problem with this cloudfare deal and our server than an attack, but then again I'm a dummy when it comes to tech shit so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Somebody really has a bone to pick with us.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-03-2014, 09:43 PM
(18-03-2014 09:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's what I'm wondering. It seems to just happen intermittently throughout the last couple of days. Seems more like a problem with this cloudfare deal and our server than an attack, but then again I'm a dummy when it comes to tech shit so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I'm somewhat technologically retarded as well.

[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-03-2014, 09:43 PM
(18-03-2014 09:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 09:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's what I'm wondering. It seems to just happen intermittently throughout the last couple of days. Seems more like a problem with this cloudfare deal and our server than an attack, but then again I'm a dummy when it comes to tech shit so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
18-03-2014, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 09:51 PM by Losty.)
(18-03-2014 09:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 09:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  That does not answer the important question. I love this site, you guys are my only friends. I want to be able to use the forum. If a firewall will fix the problem then I want to know how much it costs. Weeping
Or could I send sexy images to inspire our volunteer IT guys? I will do that if it will help...

Ironically that question would have to go to any Super-Mod or Admin who isn't me. KC and Aurora take care of any contact with Seth, DT and DL are our super technical team. I'm just here to make up the numbers.

Oh so you're like a trophy mod. Just here to look pretty?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
18-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Fack. Just accidentally replied instead of edited.

[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-03-2014, 09:45 PM
(18-03-2014 09:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Somebody really has a bone to pick with us.

Usually teenage kids. It may not even be someone who has a bone to specifically pick with the forum. Sometimes that stuff is simply to "get their name out there" and entail everything from DDoS to web page vandalizing. Some people literally just "do it for the lulz".. however, it's been happening off and on for a while, so I don't quite get that impression. There's a lot of script kiddie tools out there for this stuff anymore. Hell, a group of kids took down the entire steam store and crashed it from a DDoS with script kiddie tools while broadcasting their actions over twitter like a month ago. Unfortunately, since that stuff floats around out there, most anyone with a grudge who can punch some buttons can do it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
18-03-2014, 09:47 PM
(18-03-2014 09:43 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 09:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Ironically that question would have to go to any Super-Mod or Admin who isn't me. KC and Aurora take care of any contact with Seth, DT and DL are our super technical team. I'm just here to make up the numbers.

Oh so you're like a trophies mod. Just here to look pretty?

Pretty? Hughsie? LaughatWeeping

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-03-2014, 10:03 PM
(18-03-2014 09:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 09:43 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Oh so you're like a trophies mod. Just here to look pretty?

Pretty? Hughsie? LaughatWeeping

Yeah, pretty. Like a vista... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-03-2014, 06:28 AM
(18-03-2014 09:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

(18-03-2014 09:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fack. Just accidentally replied instead of edited.

Facepalm

Apparently. Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post