Omfg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 06:32 AM
RE: Omfg
We're being haunted by the ghost of chippy...

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2014, 06:39 AM
The cloudflare was supposed to fix the outages but it's not doing the job. Either some of the settings need to be tweaked (I have no way to look the program over) or we need a different type of fire wall.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Anyone else get "banned" for a few days? I couldn't log on for a few days for some reason. I'm assuming it is the DDoS attack, but the threads explaining what happened were posted before I could finally log on?
19-03-2014, 08:39 AM
(19-03-2014 08:36 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Anyone else get "banned" for a few days? I couldn't log on for a few days for some reason. I'm assuming it is the DDoS attack, but the threads explaining what happened were posted before I could finally log on?

Yes.

It was a CloudFlare thing.

We fixed it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-03-2014, 08:48 AM
(18-03-2014 09:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 09:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The sockpuppet thing is an entirely separate issue. It's also of significantly less importance in my opinion.
That does not answer the important question. I love this site, you guys are my only friends. I want to be able to use the forum. If a firewall will fix the problem then I want to know how much it costs. Weeping
Or could I send sexy images to inspire our volunteer IT guys? I will do that if it will help...

Whatcha need me to do?

Do I get pictures hourly?

Atir aissom atir imon
19-03-2014, 08:49 AM
I would really actually like to donate to the forum if someone knows how. I remember someone else posted a where's my donate button? thread, but I can't find it anywhere.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-03-2014, 08:57 AM
(19-03-2014 08:49 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I would really actually like to donate to the forum if someone knows how. I remember someone else posted a where's my donate button? thread, but I can't find it anywhere.

With the second option you get some cool swag and the site gets the proceeds.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I usually don't mind all that much when the site goes down, but last night was very much like this:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
19-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Was I the only one who started scratching their heads wondering what I could have done to get banned? I have to admit, being banned for about 24 hours forced me to do some actual work, I exercised and spent time with the family. Um, I didn't like it. Don't ban me again please. I think I deserve an extra couple of dozen rep points for this emotional scarring.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
19-03-2014, 06:45 PM
(19-03-2014 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 08:36 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Anyone else get "banned" for a few days? I couldn't log on for a few days for some reason. I'm assuming it is the DDoS attack, but the threads explaining what happened were posted before I could finally log on?

Yes.

It was a CloudFlare thing.

We fixed it.

Uh...no ya didn't.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post