28-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Omg... fuck Trump yall.
He granted a full pardon to Arpaio...

What the fuck..?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2017, 12:35 AM
RE: Omg... fuck Trump yall.
(28-08-2017 11:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He granted a full pardon to Arpaio...

What the fuck..?

I don't see the problem.

Arpaios are my favourite. They should be free.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-08-2017, 01:05 AM
(28-08-2017 11:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He granted a full pardon to Arpaio...

What the fuck..?

IMO he's doing two things (I stole this from young turks on youtube)
  • He's sending a message to all his crowd not to cooperate with the Russian investigation, he'll just pardon them if they e.g. don't hand over evidence.
  • He's testing the system to see if he can get away with pardoning people for transparently bullshit reasons.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2017, 01:15 AM

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-08-2017, 01:58 AM
Folks,

I don't look at Trump news directly now, just the reaction shots. Smile

Its easier.

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
29-08-2017, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 02:15 AM by Deesse23.)
In his (usual) twitter announcement, Trump called Arpaio a "partiot" an added, "he kept Arizona safe".

Its clear that Trump (from his point of view) didnt pardon the guy. He apologized his behaviour, he is trying to rehabilitate Arpaio. Pardoning is when justice is suspended, Trump thinks he didnt suspend justice but dispense it.

It is sickening and sould be worrying!

The president didnt think Arpaio deserves mercy, he thinks Arpaio did everything right in the first place. A president pardoning someone also shows he respects the constitutional separation of power with only the judciary handing out sentences. A President pardoning him by claiming that Arpaio was never at fault, and by (factually) removing the sentece off him clearly shows that he (the executive branch) intends to act as judiciary. The pardon was not intended as an act of mercy but a "correction" of what thrump thought was a wrongful conviction.

He is trying to bypass the constututional separation of powers, not for the first time, but now pretty blatantly, and is announcing it proudly.

That is the real problem the US faces.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post
29-08-2017, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 04:34 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(29-08-2017 02:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  He is trying to bypass the constututional separation of powers, not for the first time, but now pretty blatantly, and is announcing it proudly.

Just add this to Trump's list of impeachable offenses. His supporters may not see it, but many other people who understand the law do.
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-08-2017, 04:39 AM
(29-08-2017 04:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 02:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  He is trying to bypass the constututional separation of powers, not for the first time, but now pretty blatantly, and is announcing it proudly.

Just add this to Trump's list of impeachable offenses. His supporters may not see it, but many other people who understand the law do.

Question is, will people be able to stand up to him? The reason dictators succeed is they're supported by people who think they can gain advantage from them. He's got powerful friends who'll not give a flying fuck that they're taking your country apart, as long as they get their money before everything collapses.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2017, 06:34 AM
I remain astounded the people continue to find this surprising.
The ray of hope is that some republicans have broken ranks over this.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
29-08-2017, 06:37 AM
(29-08-2017 04:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

The rule of law would seem to be in Jeopardy.
He knows what he is doing and the fact that he is so bold about it is what is concerning. If there is not a body willing to exercise checks on him ... well.....
It would seem that he is confident that they won't.
Goodbye rule of law.
I'm not entirely confident that firing Mueller is even off the table.
I hear a lot of the Publicans making noise but they have been playing both sides of the coin for years.
At this point it's only actions that count.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post