Omg... fuck Trump yall.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Omg... fuck Trump yall.
(30-08-2017 11:25 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Antiquated electoral system that doesn't count all the people....?

Oh, and I am a woman. Smile

Are they planning on changing the electoral system?
Sorry. Saying man is not really gender specific.
It's like saying "far out man!"

That's far fucking out! Haha, way back when..., I used to think that just meant "great" in American. Was shocked at the looks I drew when using it in the wrong environment. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2017, 11:52 AM
(30-08-2017 11:25 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Antiquated electoral system that doesn't count all the people....?

Oh, and I am a woman. Smile

Are they planning on changing the electoral system?
Depends on who you mean by they.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
30-08-2017, 12:10 PM
(30-08-2017 11:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:25 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Are they planning on changing the electoral system?

Will the electoral system be changed?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 12:10 PM
(30-08-2017 11:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:25 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Are they planning on changing the electoral system?

There is no "they" who will successfully challenge and change the electoral college system. Michael Moore is correct, speaking up again to tell his allies that Trump still can win re-election if it were held today due to the electoral college--just like he warned before Trump's election. Bannon was also correct when he said that the more Trump can get the left to focus on identity politics, so long as Trump focuses on economic populism, he wins. Both Bannon and Moore are correct in their electoral diagnosis, though Moore's solution (to overturn the electoral college system) is a fool's errand. And I think Moore has given up way too easily on the midwest.

Now if the Dems can craft an economic message they put front and center in their next campaign, they can cut through the electoral college problems by winning the Midwest again. Unless and until they do, the electoral college method of selecting president means Trump is president for two terms. (but who knows, maybe after the 100 billionth time, Trump really becomes too offensive to win re-election....maybe). As long as identity politics is more prominent and important to elected Democrats than economic issues, they will keep losing.
30-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Anyone see this yet?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca...614854001/

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
30-08-2017, 12:22 PM
(30-08-2017 12:10 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on who you mean by they.

There is no "they" who will successfully challenge and change the electoral college system. Michael Moore is correct, speaking up again to tell his allies that Trump still can win re-election if it were held today due to the electoral college--just like he warned before Trump's election. Bannon was also correct when he said that the more Trump can get the left to focus on identity politics, so long as Trump focuses on economic populism, he wins. Both Bannon and Moore are correct in their electoral diagnosis, though Moore's solution (to overturn the electoral college system) is a fool's errand. And I think Moore has given up way too easily on the midwest.

Now if the Dems can craft an economic message they put front and center in their next campaign, they can cut through the electoral college problems by winning the Midwest again. Unless and until they do, the electoral college method of selecting president means Trump is president for two terms. (but who knows, maybe after the 100 billionth time, Trump really becomes too offensive to win re-election....maybe). As long as identity politics is more prominent and important to elected Democrats than economic issues, they will keep losing.

The real source of concern is the nature of politics today.
In this political climate it's very very difficult to get voters back once you've lost them.
The entire thing has gotten so partisan and so full of back and forth bullshit that as I've said before, it's more like backing a sports team than politics.
What could anyone say to a Niners fan to get them to change their mind and back another team. If the Niners start losing every year you'll see some defections but you will never convince a Yankees fan to become a Red Sox fan.
The suggestion is so completely offensive to them that they would never ever change no matter what.

30-08-2017, 12:29 PM
(30-08-2017 12:22 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 12:10 PM)BryanS Wrote:  There is no "they" who will successfully challenge and change the electoral college system. Michael Moore is correct, speaking up again to tell his allies that Trump still can win re-election if it were held today due to the electoral college--just like he warned before Trump's election. Bannon was also correct when he said that the more Trump can get the left to focus on identity politics, so long as Trump focuses on economic populism, he wins. Both Bannon and Moore are correct in their electoral diagnosis, though Moore's solution (to overturn the electoral college system) is a fool's errand. And I think Moore has given up way too easily on the midwest.

The real source of concern is the nature of politics today.
In this political climate it's very very difficult to get voters back once you've lost them.
The entire thing has gotten so partisan and so full of back and forth bullshit that as I've said before, it's more like backing a sports team than politics.
What could anyone say to a Niners fan to get them to change their mind and back another team. If the Niners start losing every year you'll see some defections but you will never convince a Yankees fan to become a Red Sox fan.
The suggestion is so completely offensive to them that they would never ever change no matter what.

And yet the Presidency has been bouncing back and forth between Democrats and Republicans, with great regularity, ever since World War II. Likewise with both houses of Congress. There are hard core voters on both sides, but there are enough people in the middle to keep the pendulum swinging. Also, Trump is no Republican. A lot of Republicans hate him, and might vote the other way if the Democrats could only put up a decent candidate.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-08-2017, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 01:12 PM by BikerDude.)
(30-08-2017 12:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  And yet the Presidency has been bouncing back and forth between Democrats and Republicans, with great regularity, ever since World War II. Likewise with both houses of Congress. There are hard core voters on both sides, but there are enough people in the middle to keep the pendulum swinging. Also, Trump is no Republican. A lot of Republicans hate him, and might vote the other way if the Democrats could only put up a decent candidate.

As long as they get their agenda they don't care.
And really what I'm talking about is now.
Has the democratic party terminally run aground?
Having your candidate beaten by someone who screws up this badly really makes you wonder. Hillary and Nancy Polosi and all the high profile Dems engender levels of hatred beyond anything that I've ever seen before. And the Republican machine has really only gotten into it's current gear since Dubbya. And really not till his re-election.
The Obama presidency was so loathed by the right (mostly based on false propaganda) that one has to wonder. It looks like there is a very very effective machinery in place that puts anything that the left can muster to total shame. And it looks like whatever left wing stalwarts are still in place have become so vilified that they scarcely make a dent. Think CNN
I don't see that changing. And probably getting worse if the trend continues.

30-08-2017, 12:54 PM
(30-08-2017 12:10 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 11:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Depends on who you mean by they.

Will the electoral system be changed?
Eventually, it used to change every few decades early on but the media post ww2 world has kept it basically the whole same way. Anytime soon in this or the immediate presidency, I doubt it changes.

I said before I would of been, not a "supporter" but into the idea of a trump presidency if he showed any desire to make grounds in altering the election process and money funding elements. But all his talk about it was based on his path of boast and spread fear. But even the 3rd party groups weren't as heavily pushing election reform as they did in 2012, maybe I'm guess they get feedback it rubs off as jealous bitterness of being blocked out to point out how awfully formed the system is.

Since currently you really only get arguments to change it from libertarians and those considered far left, who both have near zero governing power, I don't see a change anytime soon.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-08-2017, 12:56 PM
(29-08-2017 01:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  IMO he's doing two things (I stole this from young turks on youtube)
  • He's sending a message to all his crowd not to cooperate with the Russian investigation, he'll just pardon them if they e.g. don't hand over evidence.
  • He's testing the system to see if he can get away with pardoning people for transparently bullshit reasons.

I took it as him throwing red meat to his base, but I guess it could be more insidious.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post