Omg... fuck Trump yall.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Omg... fuck Trump yall.
(30-08-2017 10:58 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump has a total lack of empathy - to him, torture, people dying in jails and people being harmed during arrests are just bearing witness to his power.

People scurrying around like ants because of shit he says, all the news talking about him all the time, and most people either loving or hating him - it's all malignant narcissist heaven.

Ya think?
Thanks for telling me man!
How did this guy ever win the election?

I'll take a wild guess and say "by appealing to the worst in people rather than the best." The fact that their fears assuage his own narcissism is doubleplusgood.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-08-2017, 07:52 PM
(30-08-2017 07:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 10:58 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Ya think?
Thanks for telling me man!
How did this guy ever win the election?

I'll take a wild guess and say "by appealing to the worst in people rather than the best." The fact that their fears assuage his own narcissism is doubleplusgood.

Add a good dash of TV fame and wealth...and the need for idols a lot of people seem to have. I am starting to think that's what it's all about on many voters' part.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
31-08-2017, 10:45 AM
And a reminder that the President's pardon power is limited:

Trump and Manafort get big reminder that pardon power does not extend to state crimes

Quote:In the event Manafort or anyone else is charged under New York law, or threatened with indictment, there will be nothing Trump can do about it.

His “power to grant reprieves and pardons” only covers “offenses against the United States,” according to Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution.

So much for his ability to promise pardons to his posse/helpers if they refuse to give evidence against him. Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Rockblossom's post
31-08-2017, 10:58 AM
(31-08-2017 10:45 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  And a reminder that the President's pardon power is limited:

Trump and Manafort get big reminder that pardon power does not extend to state crimes

Quote:In the event Manafort or anyone else is charged under New York law, or threatened with indictment, there will be nothing Trump can do about it.

His “power to grant reprieves and pardons” only covers “offenses against the United States,” according to Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution.

So much for his ability to promise pardons to his posse/helpers if they refuse to give evidence against him. Big Grin

Seems shadiness is rampant from the federal level down to the state level (and no doubt even further than that). Not sure how a federal investigation can be passed off to a state prosecutor, but I guess we'll see! This will be fun to watch.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
31-08-2017, 11:09 AM
(31-08-2017 10:58 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  Seems shadiness is rampant from the federal level down to the state level (and no doubt even further than that). Not sure how a federal investigation can be passed off to a state prosecutor, but I guess we'll see! This will be fun to watch.

That's because a lot of crimes are violations of both state and federal laws. In those cases, it is usual for one or the other to prosecute the case, depending on evidence and who can put forth the best argument, and what sentences are possible. In most cases, it goes to the fed, because of more assets to investigate and prosecute, and the states already have enough cases to keep them busy. But it can be done either way, and it is perfectly legal for the fed to pass accumulated evidence to a state prosecutor. And if they want to put pressure on people like Manafort to give up evidence agains members of the Trump campaign, taking a possible Presidential pardon off the table is a good move.
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
31-08-2017, 11:12 AM
(31-08-2017 11:09 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  That's because a lot of crimes are violations of both state and federal laws. In those cases, it is usual for one or the other to prosecute the case, depending on evidence and who can put forth the best argument, and what sentences are possible. In most cases, it goes to the fed, because of more assets to investigate and prosecute, and the states already have enough cases to keep them busy. But it can be done either way, and it is perfectly legal for the fed to pass accumulated evidence to a state prosecutor. And if they want to put pressure on people like Manafort to give up evidence agains members of the Trump campaign, taking a possible Presidential pardon off the table is a good move.

Makes sense. Good cop, bad cop, but with feds and staties! Thanks for the explanation. Don't delve much into that world.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
31-08-2017, 11:23 AM
(29-08-2017 05:56 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I find it funny that Hitler said what he was going to do, wrote it down. Then everyone was surprised when Hitler ACTUALLY did it. /facepalm

I didn't bother with tripe that was "Mein Kampf" but did Hitler really wrote what he was going to do or just presented sweeping vision and general ideas? At the very least there was no plans for Shoah to happen when he wrote his book, even if Hitler always wanted Final Solution looking way it looked.

Also keep in mind that whatever politician say/write and then do are different things. Keep in mind original NSDAP programe which wasn't even supposed to be mentioned in public cause party actions didn't reflect it [Werner-Muller "Contesting Democracy"].

Quote: I find it funny that Trump said what he's going to do, said it on TV numerous times. And almost everyone is going to act surprised when he ACTUALLY does it.

Politician doing what he said he will do is beast so rare that surprise is warranted I think.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
04-09-2017, 07:13 AM
"Before Trump’s bigotry, race-baiting, misogyny, corruption, bullying and vindictiveness, there is the lying. One could even argue that the lying is a core component of all the rest. Of the statements by Trump that the fact-checking site PolitiFact has checked, just 5 percent were deemed absolutely true. Another 26 percent were just 'mostly true' or 'half true.' But a whopping 69 percent were found to be 'mostly false,' 'false' or 'pants on fire,' the site’s worst rating. The Washington Post calculated that Trump made 492 false or misleading statements in his first 100 days — 'That’s an average of 4.9 claims a day' — and that there were only 10 days without a single false claim. There were five days with 20 or more false claims."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/04/opini...&smtyp=cur

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact...7b120ffe92
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
04-09-2017, 07:20 AM
It's a natural part of being a malignant narcissist. He has lied about himself and his accomplishments since he was a little boy. Most of the time he has no idea he is lying - he says what he thinks at the time. Truth seeking would result in huge self injury. Never going to happen.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-09-2017, 12:00 PM
(31-08-2017 11:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 05:56 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I find it funny that Hitler said what he was going to do, wrote it down. Then everyone was surprised when Hitler ACTUALLY did it. /facepalm

I didn't bother with tripe that was "Mein Kampf" but did Hitler really wrote what he was going to do or just presented sweeping vision and general ideas? At the very least there was no plans for Shoah to happen when he wrote his book, even if Hitler always wanted Final Solution looking way it looked.

Also keep in mind that whatever politician say/write and then do are different things. Keep in mind original NSDAP programe which wasn't even supposed to be mentioned in public cause party actions didn't reflect it [Werner-Muller "Contesting Democracy"].

Quote: I find it funny that Trump said what he's going to do, said it on TV numerous times. And almost everyone is going to act surprised when he ACTUALLY does it.

Politician doing what he said he will do is beast so rare that surprise is warranted I think.

You're talking about what politicians say they are going to do on the campaign trail.

Hitlers book was just him talking about himself and what he thinks, I haven't read it all and I was pretty young when I did look into it, but yea he laid out a road map of exactly what he wanted to do. It wasn't a campaign promise it was just kinda fucking obvious if you bothered to read his writing. And that's exactly what Trump did as well, he was just making a commercial that really showcased how he views the world, how he see's himself as king. That's not the same thing as a campaign promise. Politicians always lie to get elected this is true, you need to look at what they said about themselves when they weren't actively thinking about election to get the measure of how they view the world. It's not that hard if you do some digging. And a persons general outlook and how they view themselves will give you a clear road map of what they are liable to do if they gain the ability to act on those foundational "beliefs"

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post