Omg... fuck Trump yall.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Omg... fuck Trump yall.
(29-08-2017 04:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 04:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Just add this to Trump's list of impeachable offenses. His supporters may not see it, but many other people who understand the law do.

Question is, will people be able to stand up to him? The reason dictators succeed is they're supported by people who think they can gain advantage from them. He's got powerful friends who'll not give a flying fuck that they're taking your country apart, as long as they get their money before everything collapses.

Answer: I'm moving to Ireland.

(no really I mean there's 2 powers right now trump is poised to be the most dangerous, but even if he's defeated there's no side standing up for reason. Just two very extreme viewpoints and no matter who wins everyone looses. I would be more than willing to stand up against him if I thought there was a suitable replacement. However as it stands I'm moving to Ireland. Fuck this madness)

Correction there's more than 2 I can think of at least 3 or 4. Either way all are pretty extremist ideologies and one of them will win. There's 2 that are most likely to win and Trump is one of them. There's no good ending for the US as things currently stand.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
29-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I find it funny that Hitler said what he was going to do, wrote it down. Then everyone was surprised when Hitler ACTUALLY did it. /facepalm

I find it funny that Trump said what he's going to do, said it on TV numerous times. And almost everyone is going to act surprised when he ACTUALLY does it.

Dammit can't find the video but he did this creepy music video thing that says "Trump is the King" and "This is not a democracy"

This was for his show the apprentice and was talked about on Last Week Tonight sometime last year too.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post
29-08-2017, 05:56 PM
The pardon seems quite legal, but political very stupid. It will set back Republican efforts to woo the Hispanic vote a long, long time.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2017, 06:02 PM
(29-08-2017 05:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The pardon seems quite legal, but political very stupid. It will set back Republican efforts to woo the Hispanic vote a long, long time.

It's one of those things that while technically perfectly legal, kinda violates the spirit of the law. And more importantly him pardoning that guy is a fucking dick move.

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
29-08-2017, 09:24 PM
(29-08-2017 06:02 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 05:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The pardon seems quite legal, but political very stupid. It will set back Republican efforts to woo the Hispanic vote a long, long time.

It's one of those things that while technically perfectly legal, kinda violates the spirit of the law. And more importantly him pardoning that guy is a fucking dick move.

Yeah...whatever one's view of the court ruling telling Arpaio to back down, his blatant refusal to defer to a judicial ruling goes against the rule of law. And Trump's pardon of such an action is an invitation to anarchy.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
29-08-2017, 09:39 PM
(29-08-2017 09:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:02 PM)JesseB Wrote:  It's one of those things that while technically perfectly legal, kinda violates the spirit of the law. And more importantly him pardoning that guy is a fucking dick move.

Yeah...whatever one's view of the court ruling telling Arpaio to back down, his blatant refusal to defer to a judicial ruling goes against the rule of law. And Trump's pardon of such an action is an invitation to anarchy.

Can't this logic then be applied to any pardons which vacated convictions/sentences lawfully imposed by the judicial system (judges/juries)? Didn't convictions of those pardoned result from proving beyond a reasonable doubt in some type of trial or plea bargain that the convicted blatantly refused to obey or adhere to established laws?

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
29-08-2017, 09:53 PM
(29-08-2017 09:39 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 09:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Yeah...whatever one's view of the court ruling telling Arpaio to back down, his blatant refusal to defer to a judicial ruling goes against the rule of law. And Trump's pardon of such an action is an invitation to anarchy.

Can't this logic then be applied to any pardons which vacated convictions/sentences lawfully imposed by the judicial system (judges/juries)? Didn't convictions of those pardoned result from proving beyond a reasonable doubt in some type of trial or plea bargain that the convicted blatantly refused to obey or adhere to established laws?

It's not the same, no. If there is another example of this, I am not aware of it. In this case, the pardon was granted to someone who knowingly, purposefully, and without any regret or remorse, violates a court order made in direct response to the offender's behavior.

Arpaio first breaks the law in a way that requires the courts to rule/weigh in. That court rules against Arpaio, so he just blatantly ignores the ruling. Even Trump did not purposefully violate court orders that issued injunctions against his actions (like say his immigration rules).
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post
30-08-2017, 12:31 AM
(29-08-2017 05:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The problem is, what happens when you start having impeachment hearings in every administration????

If they manage it with Trump, the next one will be even easier..

Nixon was almost impeached, so too Clinton, and the US government didn't fall apart or go mad and start impeaching everyone who came after them. I think you can trust that your lawmakers have a grain of common sense?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2017, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 05:56 AM by BikerDude.)
(29-08-2017 05:56 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I find it funny that Hitler said what he was going to do, wrote it down. Then everyone was surprised when Hitler ACTUALLY did it. /facepalm

I find it funny that Trump said what he's going to do, said it on TV numerous times. And almost everyone is going to act surprised when he ACTUALLY does it.

Dammit can't find the video but he did this creepy music video thing that says "Trump is the King" and "This is not a democracy"

This was for his show the apprentice and was talked about on Last Week Tonight sometime last year too.

Bowing
It's hilarious.
What gets me is that even after the election is over it goes on and fucking on. It's more like hearing RedSox fans 'vs' Yankees fans.
When Obama pardons someone the pubs get their feathers ruffled and you get to sit through that blather. Now Trump pardons someone and everybody switches chairs.
And somehow these people actually seem to believe their own bullshit somehow.
They get all riled up and never realize that they are just flexing all of whatever underlying principles are at work as far as necessary to fit their current situation.
It's just rooting for sports teams. Bla bla bla.
The words seem irrelevant.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
30-08-2017, 06:24 AM
It is a team swap, a swap of values and ideas of governance though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson