Omnibenevolent (all loving)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Omnibenevolent (all loving)
(22-08-2015 01:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 12:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  I feel bad that not all people have this gift - gift of the Holy Ghost.

I had it. I found it nauseating so I puked it up.

You never had this gift. Only God's covenant people have the gift of the Holy Ghost.
But I believe you that something made you puke (whatever that was).

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2015, 09:44 AM
God loves people so much that he'll set them all on fire for eternity if they don't love him back.

He loves people so much that he had his son die for our sins, rather than just forgiving us for them in the first place.

He loves people so much that he once wiped out most of civilization but for 8 people and 2 of each kind of animal. Killed thousands upon thousands for a guy taking a census (he didn't kill THAT guy though).

Why do all these stories remind me of abusive husbands?
[+] 5 users Like Ash's post
23-08-2015, 11:46 AM
(19-08-2015 02:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Many, many times I see this used as an argument against Christianity.

"If God is all loving, why did He create Satan?"
"If God is all loving, how can He allow suffering?"
"If God is all loving, why do parents - even Christian parents - lose children?"
etc

I'm confused as to where this doctrine comes from and which denominations teach it.

The Bible clearly does not teach omnibenevolence in either the OT or the NT; likewise, I do not know of a denomination that teaches O4 instead of O3. I never even knew that omnibenevolence was a thing or a supposed characteristic of the Christian God until I started posting on TTA.

When did it become an arrow in the quiver in the argument against Christianity? And, which type of Christians would actually support this wholly inaccurate portrayal of God from the Bible?
That's the fun of fiction, you can make it say whatever the heck you want it to say.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-08-2015, 11:57 AM
(22-08-2015 12:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  That is simply incoherent. I have no clue what you are trying to say.
I know.
I will try to explain it better. There are many Gods. Our God is part of eternal chain of Gods. Our God is part of family of Gods. So what does "eternal punishment" mean? It means that punishments that our God gives to His children or will give in the future is not something new. Many beings on past planets before us had the same kind of punishments we may have and it will be beings on future planets who will have the same kind of punishments we may have.
That is why punishment is eternal. But it doesn't mean that you for example will be punished with eternal punishment(exists from eternity to eternity) forever.
Did I explain better?

(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  So the father set up a loophole to get out of obeying the rules he is bound by.
Yes, He did and many Gods did the same before Him and will do in the future.
Gods OBEY eternal laws. Otherwise They can not be Gods.
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Again, that doesn't actually relieve him of the obligation. All you have here is a sham set up to fool whatever enforces the rules to make it look like they applied both justice and mercy. It may sound good but ultimately it solves exactly nothing.
You do not know one thing: why only blood of innocent can wash away sins.
You don't know why this eternal law exists: only blood of innocent wash away sins.
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  There isn't a shred of evidence to support any of it.
Sure. I just believe what the Holy Ghost testifies to me. You don't have to believe. You have no reason because you don't have the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I really do feel very sorry for you and anybody else mired so deeply in this muck.
I feel bad that not all people have this gift - gift of the Holy Ghost.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your not gonna even try to provide an ounce of evidence for that rambling, incoherent, stupid, nonsensical bit of fan fiction are you?

Alla honestly.....for fuck sake. You have been here how long now and you STILL wanna pretend as if you don't know that none of us here consider made up unproven bullshit to be an argument? You keep using non-arguments as if they have any authority when they don't they are just story time nonsense.

I get you believe this childish bullshit and while that's sad and all ...we don't so while you might think you are answering our questions you are actually not. If you replaced Holy Spirit with "Harry Potter" or "Dragon that Lives In My Vajayjay" in every sentence your argument wouldn't be any less reasonable to us. Which should, but wont, tell you something.

Or maybe you're just a genuine idiot and I'm wasting my time. *shrug*

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-08-2015, 12:00 PM
(21-08-2015 01:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 06:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Yet if there is no reason to believe there is a father god then your explanation is a bit like explaining why bigfoot likes it when the loch ness monster swims fast. It makes just about as much sense.
I agree. If you have no reason to believe there is God Father, you don't need to know anything about God Father.

Deliberately misrepresenting the point he was trying to make. Nice.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-08-2015, 12:09 PM
(22-08-2015 12:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will try to explain it better. There are many Gods. Our God is part of eternal chain of Gods. Our God is part of family of Gods. So what does "eternal punishment" mean? It means that punishments that our God gives to His children or will give in the future is not something new. Many beings on past planets before us had the same kind of punishments we may have and it will be beings on future planets who will have the same kind of punishments we may have.
That is why punishment is eternal. But it doesn't mean that you for example will be punished with eternal punishment(exists from eternity to eternity) forever.
Did I explain better?

It is like listening to a Star Trek fan try to explain why Kirk didn't really violate the prime directive.... at least they usually know that it is just for fun. I'm beginning to suspect that you actually take this seriously. Your explanations make no sense because they are just fantasy piled on top of fantasy. You should try the real world sometime. It really isn't that scary.

Quote:
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  So the father set up a loophole to get out of obeying the rules he is bound by.
Yes, He did and many Gods did the same before Him and will do in the future.
Gods OBEY eternal laws. Otherwise They can not be Gods.

No, setting up a loophole to evade the law is not the same as obeying the law. Your god is pulling a fast one and you are falling for it.

I always thought Mormon theology was ridiculous but I never realized how completely insane it is.

Quote:You do not know one thing: why only blood of innocent can wash away sins.
You don't know why this eternal law exists: only blood of innocent wash away sins.

What I know is that requiring blood sacrifice is a primitive, barbaric, wholly immoral practice. I can not adequately express how disgusted I am by anybody who accepts or promotes such a vile practice. It is beneath contempt.

Quote:Sure. I just believe what the Holy Ghost testifies to me. You don't have to believe. You have no reason because you don't have the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I have no reason because I base my beliefs on evidence and not fantasy. You are one seriously deluded individual. You need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
23-08-2015, 12:41 PM
(21-08-2015 01:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 08:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You clearly don't understand the true nature of forgiveness. It isn't about letting someone off the hook.
I do understand. That is why I never said that it is letting someone off the hook.

I only explain why God Father can not clean us from sins. Why someone else has to be sent to clean us. I explain why we can not clean ourselves.
I explained that now Jesus or Yahweh is our Creditor and what it means to pay Him back.
JUSTICE according to His contract - pay back all you can.
MERCY according to His contract - I forgive the rest.

That is the ineluctable conclusion to be drawn from your statement the "forgiveness robs justice". Simply because I paraphrased you rather than directly quoted you doesn't undermine my point, that you have a deeply misguided conception of forgiveness.

This is one more reminder of how blind faith begets profound immorality.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-08-2015, 02:41 PM
(23-08-2015 09:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  You never had this gift.

The hell you say. You are wrong. I sure as shit did. Although to be fair I was only 8 yo. Puked the Holy Spirit up around 14-15 yo. Since I have committed the unforgivable sin do I still get mercy? Or do I have to play bridge with Lucifer forever?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2015, 02:55 PM
(23-08-2015 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 09:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  You never had this gift.

The hell you say. You are wrong. I sure as shit did. Although to be fair I was only 8 yo. Puked the Holy Spirit up around 14-15 yo. Since I have committed the unforgivable sin do I still get mercy? Or do I have to play bridge with Lucifer forever?
How did you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
You didn't commit the unforgivable sin. You don't even know what it means.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-08-2015, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 03:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-08-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  How did you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?

I understood what it means to accept the sacrifice of The Word in the form of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins and the Holy Ghost influenced my decision and I accepted it. But I was 8 yo so any contract I signed is null and void.

(23-08-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  You didn't commit the unforgivable sin. You don't even know what it means.

And then I puked it up. Who are you to say that I never experienced The Word and don't know what the unforgivable sin is? Are you God? You're a silly little Mormon girl who has no idea what your doctrine actually preaches.

The unforgivable sin is accepting the lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and then later rejecting it. You got another definition?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post