Omnibenevolent (all loving)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Omnibenevolent (all loving)
(23-08-2015 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 02:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  How did you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
I understood what it means to accept the sacrifice of The Word in the form of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins and the Holy Ghost influenced my decision and I accepted it. But I was 8 yo so any contract I signed is null and void.
GirlyMan, I didn't ask you what it means to accept the sacrifice of Christ. I asked you: how does someone receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
(23-08-2015 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And then I puked it up. Who are you to say that I never experienced The Word
I don't remember saying this. I said you don't have the gift of the Holy Ghost. You never had it. That's all I say.
Are you trying to say that Holy Ghost is real and He made you feel sick?
Do you even know who the Holy Ghost is?
(23-08-2015 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  and don't know what the unforgivable sin is? Are you God? You're a silly little Mormon girl who has no idea what your doctrine actually preaches.
I am not God. Not yet. But I still can tell you that you don't know what unforgivable sin is.
(23-08-2015 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The unforgivable sin is accepting the lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and then later rejecting it. You got another definition?
Wrong. I have another definition.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(23-08-2015 03:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am not God. Not yet.

Hahahaha OK now you can just go fuck yourself you pig ignorant pleb. You're just a sad delusional fool that needs a book of magic stories, written by a conniving piece of shit, to feel special. Well boo-fucking-hoo your not special. "I'm not a god yet" ....pfft the arrogance exceeds your ignorance.

Your god does not exist, your prophets are all con artists, and you are incapable of rational thinking. I hope you never get married outside your church: keep the stupidity in house.

Fucking hell Mormons are stupid.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-08-2015, 04:20 PM
(23-08-2015 03:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you trying to say that Holy Ghost is real and He made you feel sick?

Yes.

(23-08-2015 03:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do you even know who the Holy Ghost is?

Yes. We communed for a decade or so.

(23-08-2015 03:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The unforgivable sin is accepting the lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and then later rejecting it. You got another definition?
Wrong. I have another definition.

Give it to me, Alla.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-08-2015, 04:04 PM
This is a bit of a side bar but after reading through several of these posts I've seen some references to 1 John 4:8 and 16.

"God is love"

While I agree that it's difficult to know whether the writer is saying god is "omni-benevolent" here, that in itself makes it subject to interpretation which results in what we see in this thread: a plethora of 'ideas' explaining what someone "thinks." Interpretation can be very subjective.

What bothers me most about a statement like this is that should be falsifiable. So is this statement true even if god were to wipe out the entire population of the earth with a flood? or send people to hell for not believing in him? ....

"Well...er... it's a little hard to understand but yes" is the standard answer.

But then what do you mean by god being love? Any criteria for even knowing what "love" is supposed to mean has been destroyed. If we knew what WOULD'NT be compatible with god being 'love' at least we would have a standard to apply to the statement. But if there's nothing that if shown to be true, would debunk it, then it's just too slippery of a claim. It's not that it's false, it just becomes meaningless.

I saw the same type of explanation used by my worship pastor when we were talking about god killing off so many people in the OT. His response was "well how do you know that his action (killing) wasn't a moral one given the situation?

Same thing applies, if god's actions can't be subjected to any definition of morality then he just becomes this slippery piece of jello. And if god is the source of logic did he just decide that it would be the case that A / non-A could not be true at the same time?? and if tomorrow he decided he was a little bored with that he could say, hmmm, let's change it and A / non-A can be true at the same time for a week or so?

So if god is not subject to definitions of love / morality / righteousness then tomorrow he could decide to change it if he wanted to. And if he is subject to these definitions then he is less then ultimate, like Zeus or those gods bound by higher laws. The former completely undermines the process of logic by using god as the linchpin. But I digress...greatly.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
24-08-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm not fussed about omnibenevolence when it's hard to support the idea that God is even a little benevolent. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-08-2015, 05:37 AM
Omnibenevolent (all loving)
(21-08-2015 05:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you require blood for forgiveness, then? Is that what you're saying?

Well I'm a rebellious son of a bitch, I'm more likely to try and justify my wrongs, than ask for forgiveness.

But one thing that allows me to see something I did was wrong, is in perceiving the vulnerability and innocence of the victim.

Death and suffering are also the most vocal reminders of the need for reconciliation.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
27-08-2015, 06:01 AM
(27-08-2015 05:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 05:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you require blood for forgiveness, then? Is that what you're saying?

Well I'm a rebellious son of a bitch, I'm more likely to try and justify my wrongs, than ask for forgiveness.

But one thing that allows me to see something I did was wrong, is in perceiving the vulnerability and innocence of the victim.

Death and suffering are also the most vocal reminders of the need for reconciliation.

Answer the question.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2015, 06:13 AM
(27-08-2015 06:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 05:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well I'm a rebellious son of a bitch, I'm more likely to try and justify my wrongs, than ask for forgiveness.

Answer the question.

I answered it, without justifying the strawman concept of atonement. In which the crucifixion, along with everything else in the Gospels is deemed as a superfluous, in which someone could have just drawn out a vial of Jesus magical blood with a needle, and it would have done the trick.

That's the analogy isn't it? The question is asking if I demand a pint of literal blood, in order to ask for forgiveness, (or in order to forgive someone)? If so, it's a false one.
27-08-2015, 06:21 AM
(27-08-2015 05:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

How does that answer the question? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2015, 06:29 AM
(27-08-2015 06:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 05:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Well I'm a rebellious son of a bitch, I'm more likely to try and justify my wrongs, than ask for forgiveness.

How does that answer the question? Consider

To quote the response to morondog:

"I answered it, without justifying the strawman concept of atonement. In which the crucifixion, along with everything else in the Gospels is deemed as a superfluous, in which someone could have just drawn out a vial of Jesus magical blood with a needle, and it would have done the trick.

That's the analogy isn't it? The question is asking if I demand a pint of literal blood, in order to ask for forgiveness, (or in order to forgive someone). If so, it's a false one."