Omnibenevolent (all loving)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Omnibenevolent (all loving)
(19-08-2015 06:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Since when has any sect bounded its doctrine entirely within the Bible? All of them either add extrabiblical doctrine, or ignore the uncomfortable parts. No sect is both purely and wholly biblical.

As for omnibenevolence itself, clearly the Christian conception of God doesn't include that aspect, yet so many Christians do. So a better question is not why atheists argue against omnibenevolence, but why so many sects argue for it when passages like Isaiah 45:7 directly contradict it.

Ironically enough, most of the Christians in my social circle rarely seem to talk about God at all. It's all about Jesus and getting to know him better. (Of course they are/are not the same person...) Basically, I think that their focus is on Jesus saving us, and they don't want to think why we need saving and who we need saving from.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cozzymodo's post
19-08-2015, 07:23 PM
(19-08-2015 05:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where did Original Sin come from,
I don't know. Show me the Scripture that has words "original sin". Book, chapter, verse.
(19-08-2015 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  where did Transubstantiation come from,
From Satan and From Catholic church
(19-08-2015 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  where did the immaculate conception of Mary come from?
From Satan and from Catholic church.
(19-08-2015 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well, even where did the idea of Omniscience, Omnipotence, & Omnipresence come from?
From God. But many don't know what it really means according to true God's dictionary.

Two can play this game...

Show me the Scripture that states the above claims you just made. Book, chapter, verse.

Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Isn't speaking about God in terms of what he isn't a contradiction of some sort? How can an omnipotent, omniscient being be limited in any way?

Seems like God is all things except those things which might call our beliefs into question?

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
19-08-2015, 08:08 PM
(19-08-2015 07:47 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Isn't speaking about God in terms of what he isn't a contradiction of some sort? How can an omnipotent, omniscient being be limited in any way?

Seems like God is all things except those things which might call our beliefs into question?

Good point. I also think Psalm 36:5 - Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds--speaks to His omnibenevolence. His love extends to the heavens--his faithfulness to the clouds. If a mother said that to her child, one would assume that the mother's love for that child knew no limits. As such, I think it is a fair statement to say God is all loving (omnibenevolent) based on that passage.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-08-2015, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 08:14 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(19-08-2015 05:20 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 05:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't know. Show me the Scripture that has words "original sin". Book, chapter, verse.
From Satan and From Catholic church
From Satan and from Catholic church.
From God. But many don't know what it really means according to true God's dictionary.

You have an intellectual dilemma when you heap shit on Catholic church doctrine. They basically invented your religion (minus ol' Joe.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2015, 08:12 PM
(19-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 05:15 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Paul made it clear that he thought anyone who had faith in Christ became "children of God."
Yes, Paul also said that in Christ ALL people will live again. It is salvation from death(hell). So God loves all His children and saves them from death(hell). You don't even have to believe in God.
But if you want to have exaltation and not just immortality, if you want to become heir of God, you have to be born again through faith in Christ.
Paul understood it very well.
1 Cor 15:22

"Paul understood it very well."

Ah...no. Paul made it up.

Read that again. Slowly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
19-08-2015, 08:13 PM
I think that we may have to come to the terms with the possibility that the Bible is GaspGaspGasp possibly contradictory concerning its contents such as if God is all-loving...
19-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(19-08-2015 08:13 PM)Cozzymodo Wrote:  I think that we may have to come to the terms with the possibility that the Bible is GaspGaspGasp possibly contradictory concerning its contents such as if God is all-loving...

The word didn't even appear in the dictionary until 1679. I think unbeliever has it right as well as KC and God help me Alla too.

#sigh
19-08-2015, 08:41 PM
(19-08-2015 08:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 08:13 PM)Cozzymodo Wrote:  I think that we may have to come to the terms with the possibility that the Bible is GaspGaspGasp possibly contradictory concerning its contents such as if God is all-loving...

The word didn't even appear in the dictionary until 1679. I think unbeliever has it right as well as KC and God help me Alla too.

Ah, I see, thanks for the link!
19-08-2015, 09:20 PM
KC is correct. The god of the bable hates unbelievers and makes it plainly obvious many times. The opening quote KC refers to is from Epicurus long before xianity even existed.

2nd John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2nd John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2nd John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.