On Pol Pot and Mao Zedong's Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: On Pol Pot and Mao Zedong's Atheism
If you say it doesnt matter you would also have to say that it doesnt matter that Hitler and Franco were both practecing catholics. It doesnt matter that the dictator of Burma Ne Win was a mad mystic who had his policy influenced by what he saw in his dreams and what his astrologist told him. The militant and scary Buddidm of Imperial Japan also wouldnt matter. Neither would Idi Amins Islam nore Bokassas catholicism matter.

So no. I have to disagree, it does matter that it was atheism which motivated stalin to plunder Russian churches and monestries whilest murdering the countries religious and what motivated Mao to attempt to destroy Buddist culture in China.

And to say anything else is simply a cheap excuse.

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 06:32 PM
(04-04-2014 09:48 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Your willful ignorance is not my place to educate you on.

Excuse me? I know quite a bit about Buddhism, and I am not in need of "educating" from one who is completely ignorant of even your own ignorance.

Quote:You can easily search for the magical beings and supernatural beliefs and repressiveness, and sexism, etc (again, like any other religion) that Buddhism is based on.

Buddhism is based on the teachings of the man known as the Buddha, and although there is a hell of a lot of bastardization that has been layered onto those teachings as they have been adopted in many cultures, the teachings of the Buddha, i.e., his own teachings, were completely secular.

Quote: If you want to only recognize the "kitsch" Hollywood variety of "Buddhism" fine,

Idiot. My understanding of Buddhism is rooted in the study of the actual teachings of the Buddha. You make a hell of a lot of assumptions.

Quote:but that's being dishonest and doesn't have to do with the topic of this thread.

Strawman much?

Quote:You can easily search the key terms provided, about self described Buddhists murdering people of minority religions.

And you can easily search for self-described atheists, plumbers, and tiddlywinks player doing the same. You have no point.

Quote:Your comments are bad (and apologetic) and you should feel bad.

My comments are dead-on and you are completely ignorant.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-04-2014, 07:10 PM
oooooo hear the whip crack!
06-04-2014, 07:37 AM
(05-04-2014 07:10 PM)Charis Wrote:  oooooo hear the whip crack!

For whom doth the whip crack? It cracks for Thee, my lovely! Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop