On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 01:32 AM
RE: On governance
(08-12-2011 09:19 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(08-12-2011 08:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  morondogs idea is doable and uses standard forum features. So assuming it was implemented how are the moderators going to be appointed?

I'd imagine the best way would be to offer moderator roles to the more senior most trusted regular users. That way atleast theres a good chance that there will always be someone online to do some of the work.

Obviously anything that would change the forum would be up to you and the admin.

(08-12-2011 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The process for selecting a new admin, as it stands now, is that with the help of TheObserver and DeepThought, I will recommend a new admin to Seth. That's pretty much it. No real process per se.

So if you are willing to step up, let us know.

Okay. I agree with FSM_scot in the fact that it would be only fair to offer it to the senior most trusted regular users. Has anyone stepped up to the plate as yet?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I put one foot forward =p I'm still not safe though

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM

Well, I have had a few days to mull it over and come to a decision: I am not coming back. I have done the best I could here and it is time to move on.

Lots more Forums out there that I have not tried out yet and it is always a lot of fun at the beginning.

Please delete my account (I am still a mod, for crying out loud!)

I wish you guys good luck and happy posting!

Zatamon

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
(09-12-2011 03:46 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Well, I have had a few days to mull it over and come to a decision: I am not coming back. I have done the best I could here and it is time to move on.

Lots more Forums out there that I have not tried out yet and it is always a lot of fun at the beginning.

Please delete my account (I am still a mod, for crying out loud!)

I wish you guys good luck and happy posting!

Zatamon

Smile

Well you could've at least hung around long enough for me to say goodbye. ... but whatever.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I still really don't get why Zat's leaving....well, left
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
This is my first time reading anything on this thread. I guess because I'm new, the idea of changing anything was pretty much out of context for me.

So, I started reading through, one post at a time. I got to page 3 and I had more than a little anxiety rising up in me (mild PTSD, maybe? Hate using that term because others have suffered more). What I realized by page three and had to stop with reading any further, was I realized I had found myself reading this thread as if it were a Transcript of MANY a church business meeting and many a division and many a partying of the ways.
Guess it's human nature, but shame on us for being like Christians. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-12-2011, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 10:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2011 08:33 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I still really don't get why Zat's leaving....well, left

Yeah, I get him now. We just killed Piggy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, GirlyMan you may have hit it there. I understand where he's coming from but it may have been a little over-the-top. I don't know, I still think I'm missing something...
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
10-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Well with Zatamon heading out if anyone still has some concerns let us know. As I said from looking there doesn't really seem to have been that much people wanted changed. And making big changes isn't exactly a safe bet when people really like how things are. So, I'm still here to listen (even if I'm being accused of playing both sides). That little statement hit me a bit hard because I was sitting here reading all the issues and trying to address them, then when I mention my opinion I'm considered wishy washy? Oh well got over it a while ago. Hope we don't have anymore issues for a little while.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-12-2011, 05:33 AM
(09-12-2011 03:46 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I wish you guys good luck and happy posting!

Zatamon

Smile

Sad to see you go Zat. You had some really interesting threads and I was looking forward to learning more from you.

Best wishes Smile