On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
RE: On governance
I have no intention of volunteering for admin as I don't think I could be doing with some of the shit Stark has had to face recently but I would also be happy to do some moderation if needed.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't imagine I would be computer literate enough to pass mustard. Otherwise I'd be down. God knows I'm on here enough. I don't actually mean that because god is highly unlikely to exist at all.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Lucradis,

I'm not overly computer literate either. Going by these comments you may be able to help if you wanted to;

Quote:Aurora2020: Deep Thought: What's actually involved here? Do you have to have certain skills or can anyone be taught?

DeepThought: No special skills unless you are customising something. Some of the changes proposed here aren't built into the forum software so you have to find creative ways around it by knowing the software or code for it yourself.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-12-2011, 05:51 PM
(11-12-2011 05:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Lucradis,

I'm not overly computer literate either. Going by these comments you may be able to help if you wanted to;

Quote:Aurora2020: Deep Thought: What's actually involved here? Do you have to have certain skills or can anyone be taught?

DeepThought: No special skills unless you are customising something. Some of the changes proposed here aren't built into the forum software so you have to find creative ways around it by knowing the software or code for it yourself.

It's MyBB, open source, so it ain't no big deal - I mean, it's a big pain in the ass - but if you're a Thinking Atheist, you can handle it. Wink

Both of youse, although the evil clown ain't much more likable than I am. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 06:25 PM by aurora.)
I'll help. A couple of questions...

1. How much time is required each week?
2. Would it matter at all if I'm 17 hours ahead (in Australia)? - I can't really see how it would but though I'd ask anyway.
3. I am a little savvy with computer stuff but I still don't know what's involved. Please elaborate.

If any-one objects, go right ahead. I'm tough skinned Big Grin

Just trying to help is all...Undecided

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday... It's friggin Monday morning here and I'm at work (with my reindeer antlers on my head) lol
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
11-12-2011, 06:29 PM
(11-12-2011 05:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 05:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Lucradis,

It's MyBB, open source, so it ain't no big deal - I mean, it's a big pain in the ass - but if you're a Thinking Atheist, you can handle it. Wink

Both of youse, although the evil clown ain't much more likable than I am. Big Grin

That's true, I've got an aura of irritating hovering over my head lol.
I remember there being a post for mybb wiki some time ago. Maybe I'll look into that and see how complex it is. I took a couple courses in coding once upon a time ago and found it doable.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
11-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Play nice or you can sit in the naughty chair Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
11-12-2011, 07:34 PM
(11-12-2011 07:31 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Play nice or you can sit in the naughty chair Dodgy

I don't know...the naughty chair sounds pretty nice.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 08:10 PM by houseofcantor.)
(11-12-2011 06:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's true, I've got an aura of irritating hovering over my head lol.
I remember there being a post for mybb wiki some time ago. Maybe I'll look into that and see how complex it is. I took a couple courses in coding once upon a time ago and found it doable.

Or you could click the link at the bottom of every page. Angel

There you go, Stark. Now you got some ballers steppin' up to the plate. Wink

(11-12-2011 07:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 07:31 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Play nice or you can sit in the naughty chair Dodgy

I don't know...the naughty chair sounds pretty nice.

I know, huh? That's Aurora, 2, lucradis 1, Erxomai 1, HoC the zero. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The naughty chair isn't as fun as it sounds...well, maybe it is but it doesn't include a spanking. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post