On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 09:04 PM
RE: On governance
(11-12-2011 08:56 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  The naughty chair isn't as fun as it sounds...well, maybe it is but it doesn't include a spanking. Tongue

That just took a tablespoon out of the ocean of potential. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Being the admin actually doesn't require much computer skills at all. If anyone can get that side of things done, it's DeepThought.

The position is more about making some decisions, listening to the members and trying to put into practice what would meet their needs, and some very easy daily maintennance stuff (approving new users and deleting spam accounts. that kinda stuff). There's no reason why the admin duties should take any more than 10 minutes a day, with the exception of the rare occasion when something a little bigger needs to be dealt with.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
(12-12-2011 02:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Being the admin actually doesn't require much computer skills at all. If anyone can get that side of things done, it's DeepThought.

The position is more about making some decisions, listening to the members and trying to put into practice what would meet their needs, and some very easy daily maintennance stuff (approving new users and deleting spam accounts. that kinda stuff). There's no reason why the admin duties should take any more than 10 minutes a day, with the exception of the rare occasion when something a little bigger needs to be dealt with.

I think because Doc HoC is trying to start a grassroots campaign, I should put in my 2 cents. I have no problem volunteering to be Admin as far as time and duties go, but today is my 1 month anniversary on the board. It seems to me not a wise practice to let a "n00b" be the Admin. For all you know I'm a Theist in Wolves Clothing. So I'm happy to volunteer to be a moderator, if you don't have enough on the list already. I'm even happy to thumb wrestle someone for Admin, but I do wonder if there is someone with more time served that would be better suited.

As to HoC's Star Trek Analogy, I'd rather place him in the Data role. If we can mix incarnations of the show, I'd like to nominate Chas as Mister Spock and Filox as Mr. O'Brien, Buddy Christ as Worf, and FSM as Mr. Scott, of course. Kim would be Counselor Troi and Kingschosen will play Q, the loveable but annoying god-like creature that pops up when you least expect him. Ferdy and CYTB can be the loveable, but mischievous teens, forever getting themselves into a bind that the crew has to save them from, only at the last minute, they are the ones that end up saving the ship.

Live Long and Prosper, friends.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Typecast as mr Scott......well I suppose I better pack on a few hundred pounds to look the part Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
(12-12-2011 10:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As to HoC's Star Trek Analogy, I'd rather place him in the Data role. If we can mix incarnations of the show, I'd like to nominate Chas as Mister Spock and Filox as Mr. O'Brien, Buddy Christ as Worf, and FSM as Mr. Scott, of course. Kim would be Counselor Troi and Kingschosen will play Q, the loveable but annoying god-like creature that pops up when you least expect him. Ferdy and CYTB can be the loveable, but mischievous teens, forever getting themselves into a bind that the crew has to save them from, only at the last minute, they are the ones that end up saving the ship.

Live Long and Prosper, friends.

Thank you, Dr. McCoy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
@Chas,
I'm cool with being Bones, but I'd like to think you and I get along better than Spock and McCoy. Smile

@FSM,
Maybe you could be the Simon Pegg version of Scottie so you won't have to supersize yourself.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2011, 12:29 PM
(12-12-2011 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  @Chas,
I'm cool with being Bones, but I'd like to think you and I get along better than Spock and McCoy. Smile

If you've watched all of the OS movies then you must know spock and mckoy were actually besties.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
...and I'm just starting a grassroots campaign to get shit organized so's the sleeping dragon can relax. There' s no bs in my "self-nomination" in that I could do the job, but I'm only delusional when it comes to my Gwynnies; so I'd hafta nab the Preach to be the front man regardless 'cause he gotz the people skillz and the experience in diplomacy. Big Grin

Cantor's a mathematician, after all. But I'm more than satisfied to postulate having no role beyond stirring up some forum interest to keep this place going in a Stark-like manner so that Stark can get back to the business of running his life. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
(12-12-2011 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Maybe you could be the Simon Pegg version of Scottie so you won't have to supersize yourself.

true. I like Simon pegg but his Scottish accent makes me cringe.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
12-12-2011, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 02:11 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I would just like to go on record with my stance on this.

Like the others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind being purple... but I sure as sh!t don't want to be green. I choose to visit this forum because I want to relax and have fun. Once branded with the ADMIN label, I would be required to visit this forum just to do work. That's the opposite of fun.

But judging from the discussions in the Forum Team forum... we're approaching a decision and it's not one of the veterans we're considering. Time for some new blood to run this mofo.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."