On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2011, 06:35 AM

RE: On governance
(06-12-2011 10:56 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If I'm still off-base on the issue, could someone please state the problem outright? I still don't really know what we're talking about.

Buddy, if you read the whole thread carefully, from beginning to end, leaving nothing out, taking everything into consideration, weighing every quoted complaint fairly and properly, thinking it over from every angle, then you can't possibly help knowing what it is about.

I think I have said everything I wanted to say on the subject, it is up to the rest of you now.

I will wait a few days to see what, if anything, happens. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Would it not make more sense to keep this thread to the topic of how the forum is run going forward as that was the original idea as opposed to other potential changes?

It would make more sense to decide how we want decisions to be made before we start making decisions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-12-2011, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 09:49 AM by Peterkin.)
(06-12-2011 10:47 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'd say that if it's possible buddy has come up with a great solution in just making this that and the other threads not applicable for the daily thing. If we just put them on a different string of threads then people will have to actively seek them. That would severely cut down on the issue while not removing freedoms, and if people posted in the wrong place too much we call them spammers.

That would be great - if the individuals in question restricted their posting to the designated forum. This That and the Other was a good idea.
Problem 1. It didn't serve the function we hoped it would, because the juvies* still post their chit-chat on heavy stuff and coffee-house boards, where they get in everyone's way.

Proposed solution 1. Appoint a mod or apprentice to seek out this kind of subject matter and sweep all such threads into the TTO bin.

Problem 2: *It turns out there are fewer of them than first appeared, because some have multiple personae and sock puppets. That will happen again, and probably not only with naughty teenagers, but also with trolls and ill-wishers.
Ferreting those out is already a moderator job, that will certainly become more difficult and time-consuming (to do fairly) as numbers increase.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
IMHO -- which will surely piss some off.. Stop bitching about the people, posts, and threads you don't like. Read them and roll your eyes, block them, or simply ignore the posts with subjects that don't appeal to you. Or voice your opinion that so and so is being an idiot.. and move on! Stark has and continues to do a good job getting a handle on the things that get ridiculous. I say if its not broken don't fix it.. and if you don't like the channel for GOD's sake .. change it..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
07-12-2011, 11:38 AM
There is already a large enough crew to handle things like multiple accounts. And most of the "problem threads" were in the TTO section. The good ones posted everything in there after they were told. The others got banned and aren't back. As I said people can get banned for constantly posting in the wrong place. If they are too much trouble for moderating they get to go away. That's not really that hard to handle.

And yes there really isn't a problem that needs fixing. It's just the season of whining apparently. Saying that because there is so much not due to specific people.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I want to go on record with something, and although it's slightly off topic, I thought it would be best placed here, since those that would likely care about it are also likely following this thread:

DaylightDusk has contacted me. He accepted responsibility, and made a genuine apology. He will remain banned from the forum for a time, and I will discuss with the staff what amount of time they would feel appropriate. After that time, we will re-visit the decision, and discuss allowing him to once again join the forum.

I explained this to him, and he accepted my decision without argument.

I feel everyone deserves the chance to make ammends, and I tip my hat to this young lad for trying to do so.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-12-2011, 01:59 PM

I notified Stark by PM and he asked me to announce it to the Forum.

Here is the copy of the PM I sent to Stark:

Quote:Stark, I know I said I would wait for a few days but it looks like nothing will happen – the minoritiy’s concerns will be ignored again. Lilith (and others) said categorically: nothing needs to be changed.

That is fine with me but I do not wish to continue being a moderator (nothing to moderate), so please demote me to regular member.

You have plenty of volunteers to take my place.

I am not going to change my mind about it, so please respect my request.

I will be away for a while, mulling things over and may, or may not, be back.

If not, I wish all of you good luck and good fun.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 02:09 PM by Peterkin.)
So, no problem? There never was one or it got solved; i missed the turning point.
And only two casualties. So far counted.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone else having a WTF moment?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
(07-12-2011 02:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Anyone else having a WTF moment?

LOL, wait for it. It gets better......

So many cats, so few good recipes.