On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
RE: On governance
It is most unfortunate that Zatamon has made not only the decision to step down as an admin but also to step away from the forum. Most may think that there does not need to be a change and that members can self-regulate one another, but that has not worked in recent weeks. I support Zatamon's decision and feel that if the forum becomes facebook2 I too will be taking a break from the forum. I did not come here to read about high school breakups or become inundated with the same types of posts as I see on facebook. I came here to engage in intellectual conversation with individuals with whom I share a common thread and trying to ignore the rest is not a realistic option when the only threads being updated are of absolutely no interest to me. I hope this changes. By no means am I saying that only the categories that I am interested in are important, but threads that fit into the category of the casual coffee house of this that and the other were much less frequent than now. And most of these threads are more at home on a facebook wall.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
"LOL it gets better"????

Stark, you really are a jackass!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Just as a question Bearded Dude have you seen some of our facebook threads? Often enough people complain about the horrible things their christian buddies say. Maybe they want a place to talk where they don't get that stuff. As I said everything I've heard is an easy fix by simply making it where this that and the other thing posts don't show. I'm not trying to belittle the issues but this is really all I'm hearing.

I am used to moderating forums and the best moderation is to make things simple. Sorry I bothered Zatamon with the way I said things, but I've given the simplest solution to the complaints I've heard and everyone tells me it's more than that, but doesn't explain how it's more than that.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
I just posted this to the private thread to mods, but it belongs here.

Starks reply to it was "feel better?"

---------------------------
Thanks for all your replies. It is too easy to get caught up in a forum that connects to ones dreams and nightmares and you get sucked into thinking you are family. The fact is, that is never true and can never be so. I am a guest here, you guys have your agenda whether it is spelled out or not and if you don't fit, you just don't. I had hoped it was a place that was really open to everyone, but right now it is simply specialized. I'm still not sure you "originals" meant it that way but there it is.

Stark... I have never, ever had a problem with you... until 2 days ago. I always wondered why you have usually taken sides and why that was inclusive but now I see it.

Let me (get) 2 birds with one stone...

My comment about reps is NOT petty. Since you want to get personal (you seem to be into that), You are short sighted. You don't read the data, you read into it, and you don't see the ramifications of your actions. If you dislike it, you publicly make derogatory statements not directed at the person of your displeasure but at your buddies. At one moment you say "I hear you, I want your opinion" then to someone else you call it petty. What happens? You create a team of players that build walls. Eliminating your reps? That certainly was the Christ like thing to do and a very divisive call to arms. How grand. But it is your house, you can put your feet on the couch if you want.

Also, the real give away of your tendency to divide and create cliques is your comment about my wording being "snooty". My word choice is not snooty, your social choice of wording is dumbed down. How many times have I seen new posters come in with great communication skills and either leave or dumb down their own language to fit the clan? I think words are amazing tools for communication. They can be used like a wrecking ball or they can create nuance that make simple ideas, broad ideas. You, Stark, promote a caste system through elimination of those who don't talk like you "want" them to. I for one do not ever intend to sound more stupid than I am. I look stupid enough as it is and I'll let the content of my writing speak for itself. Tongue

You reduce your administrative position to group fashioning. Simple answer, as an administrator of a site that supposedly promotes free speech, you can NOT take sides. Otherwise, you create cliques. But then it is your house, you can put shit in the refrigerator if you want.

There it is. Promoting free speech and liberty is not easy. Saying something to one and something else to another is politics.

07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
......why thank you defacto. A passive agressive, whiny little fuck like yourself should think no differently. I love that you tell me I don't read things, I read into them, then you go ahead and read into what I said.
Take your holier than thou attitude and jam it so far up your ass you choke on it.

Wow, that felt great!

For the rest of you, I am going to explain the comment shortly, but unlike some people (did you get that just there?) I want to put some real thought into it.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
07-12-2011, 03:44 PM
@ Lilith
I would be fine with being able to manipulate my feed so that I could avoid seeing those posts. I suggested that in an earlier post, but the issue is whether or not that is a doable thing.

Obviously one of the issues appears to be people being offended by certain issues as well. I am not offended by posts that are facebook-like nor am I offended by what anyone says and even if I am offended that is my choice to be offended. My reasons are that the forum has gone from a more serious focus of topics to a much more casual focus of topics and that is not what I am interested in.

I don't really have a problem with anyone on the site, I just have a problem with the subject matter not being of any interest to me. Obviously this too is something I choose to be interested in or not, but as I said, the forum seems different now than it did 8 or so months ago. I want my old TTA site back.

As for the TTA facebook page, I don't visit it very often. I typically look at some of the videos or things that Seth posts, but the whiny sh%t I don't read.

Evolve
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
(07-12-2011 03:33 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ......why thank you defacto. A passive agressive, whiny little fuck like yourself should think no differently. I love that you tell me I don't read things, I read into them, then you go ahead and read into what I said.
Take your holier than thou attitude and jam it so far up your ass you choke on it.

Wow, that felt great!

For the rest of you, I am going to explain the comment shortly, but unlike some people (did you get that just there?) I want to put some real thought into it.

No prob... You just go ahead split the group, start your own new forum and while you are at it, play nice in your new sand box!

Can't take it?

07-12-2011, 03:48 PM
*grabs popcorn*

Evolve
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
(07-12-2011 03:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  *grabs popcorn*

LOL, don't bother. The show won't last.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
*puts popcorn down*
*grabs bottle of whiskey*
I don't need this stupid show anyway Tongue
lol
Laugh people!
I may be complaining but I can still laugh goddammit!

Evolve