On governance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2011, 09:02 PM

RE: On governance
Buddy dear, I wasn't talking to you. Undecided

I was replying, out of politeness, to those who were talking to me.

Once people stop talking to me, I don't have to reply any more, but my Mama raised me to be courteous and answer when talked to.

As, I am sure, your Mama tried to raise you. Smile

I hope this clarifies why I am still here and helps to improve your mood! Sad
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Help me...help me...I'm drowning in testosterone...aaaaaaaahhhhh
Are you out there, Kim???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I have some stuff to clear up that testosterone =p It gives me problems a lot.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
08-12-2011, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 01:36 AM by DeepThought.)
(07-12-2011 08:34 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I prefer to stand back and watch what happens -- you guys have enough input from me and all the other unsatisfied members I quoted from.

I am sure you will come up with something that suits you.

If it suits me as well, then I will come back.

The important thing for you is to come up with something that you like!

(07-12-2011 08:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Zat, if you have an inclining of how the site could be better run, instead of leaving, why not toss your name the the hat for my replacement?
Stark, thanks, but I am too old for all that much work that worn you down.
You need somebody a lot younger and stronger. Smile
(06-12-2011 07:40 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 07:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm advising Stark to ..... do whatever the hell he wants.
I am sure he will.

He has the power! Big Grin

So what I'm getting here is some people aren't happy with how things are done, noone is willing to step up and change any of it. Also no-one wants to go through the trouble of creating the new system, defining how it will work or how to implement it.

WTF? Help me here... Am I missing something?

[Image: lolhuckabee2.jpg]

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-12-2011, 01:37 AM
(07-12-2011 10:08 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I have some stuff to clear up that testosterone =p It gives me problems a lot.

Some large oestrogen mops might do the trick Wink
08-12-2011, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 01:44 AM by morondog.)
1. Stark's leaving so we need a replacement, also the forum's growing, so possibly multiple replacements.
2. Screw anything fancy, but we do need some kind of system - tweak the current one seems like the best bet since we already know it works. Just expand it to allow more people to do mod jobs like approvals and moving threads? and banning Could be as easy as registering a couple more people of integrity as mods? Also, anyone know of other forums with large numbers of members? Maybe we could learn from them how they do things and keep the peace?
3. There will always be people dissatisfied with how things are, unless you limit the forum to a very small size.
One change which may be easy to implement?

If we do end up with multiple mods, the fear seems to be that none will be as good as Stark Raving, and maybe people will get unreasonably banned or unreasonably have their posts deleted? So make it that for banning or deleting, approval from one other mod is needed? One would hope that if two mods agree, then the bannee is deserving.
08-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Deep Thought: What's actually involved here? Do you have to have certain skills or can anyone be taught?
08-12-2011, 08:48 AM
No special skills unless you are customising something. Some of the changes proposed here aren't built into the forum software so you have to find creative ways around it by knowing the software or code for it yourself. Either way I'm not admin. Only assisting the admin.

Of course I will not just stand idly by allowing just anyone to come along and wreck the place...

morondogs idea is doable and uses standard forum features. So assuming it was implemented how are the moderators going to be appointed?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
(08-12-2011 08:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  morondogs idea is doable and uses standard forum features. So assuming it was implemented how are the moderators going to be appointed?

I'd imagine the best way would be to offer moderator roles to the more senior most trusted regular users. That way atleast theres a good chance that there will always be someone online to do some of the work.

Obviously anything that would change the forum would be up to you and the admin.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
The process for selecting a new admin, as it stands now, is that with the help of TheObserver and DeepThought, I will recommend a new admin to Seth. That's pretty much it. No real process per se.

So if you are willing to step up, let us know.

So many cats, so few good recipes.