On line, or real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: On line, or real?
There's someone I met online that I would LOVE to meet in person. They are so intellectually interesting and seem to be all around amazing. I would love to just hear their voice and see them in the flesh; A tiny avatar or picture isn't that much to help my imagination Smile

I will be getting my taxes back soon... It has crossed my mind more than once to put the offer on the table to meet up. I've wondered if they would be interested in doing that, too. Hmmm...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: On line, or real? photos?
Drinking Beverage
(09-03-2013 08:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Last Friday I spent a few hours (and beers) with D.L.J.who was on business from Singapore.
While I held no initial negative concepts,pre meeting, I found the actuality much more positive than anticipated.
We skimmed a range of topics and even found at least one early life character trait.
There were no hissy fits.

Anyhow I got a wondering if other forum members personally knew others from here, and how they would compare knowing on line with knowing in person.

Can people get to know others very well on line, just in print, or not? Also how much difference, and do you think either medium holds certain advantages over the other.

I realise that time in knowing is relevant in both areas.

Anyone experienced bad/good/indifference in the virtual, non virtual realm?

It really depends on the person. Are they real online, or fake? Do they post pics that don't really look like them? You never kow unless you have met them in rl. Social media is a way of letting people put their best foot forward to be percieved by others, particlary accuaintences. Especially woman, while they post 100's of pictures, with different camera angles, edited lighted, and the list could go on and on. I think this is because they want to feel accepted by others, since they do not feel or value themselves.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CaffinatedPuppy's post