On my gender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: On my gender
You are an online personality, gender, looks, age matter not, only ideas matter.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
05-05-2016, 07:42 PM
In the occasional case of user names being direct descriptions, such as on the poster above me =D, I was willing to hope you were a legitimate transcendent bird creature.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
05-05-2016, 07:42 PM
(05-05-2016 07:27 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 07:02 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I hate making this thread because I feel like everyone will eat me alive. I'll take that risk. Whatever.
I realise that some people wonder what my gender is lol.
I'm not particularly interested in what is between your legs, I find the ideas/experiences forming/formed in that stuff between your ears to be of more interest.

Hang on, are you at that awkward age where you are not quite sure about yourself, where you fit in, whether to aim for the norm, to be different or what not?

I'd say that once you land on your feet and find yourself (and become comfortable in your own skin), then it doesn't really matter what others think. Those that like you will seek you. Those that don't will avoid you. Which probably seems ideal right? Who wants people that don't like you to seek you out.

Life's too short trying to be anyone other than yourself.

Anyway, not really sure what your post is about, but yeah, on the internet it's your ideas that are important rather than your gender. Sometimes it is beneficial to not know so that we don't add stereo type nonsense to our preconceived ideas of who you are and how to interact with you.

-Thanks for not worrying what between my legs.
-Am I at that awkward age? Possibly? I'm much more comfortable with myself than I used to be. I've been all over the place, but nowadays, it's not an issue so much. I've been becoming more and more comfortable with who I am.
-Hehe I can admit this post is a bit of a mess. I was nervous writing it. It shows I still have ways to go to being more comfortable with myself.
-I guess this post was just to point out that I'm nothing specifically gender-wise. It's sort of coming out.
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
05-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Atheists know what it's like to be different, called crazy, told we belong in Hell, to just go and die, etc. I doubt anyone here will judge you harshly, if I could I'd give you a big hug. Smile

You could call yourself whatever you want but you are a human sharing this time on Earth and you've shared your ideas and hopes and fears, that's all that matters. I hope to continue getting to know you on this forum and don't worry about the anxiety either. I've suffered from anxiety and been diagnosed with depression,no one is perfect but one thing I can say is I'm very happy and I think it's people like us who really know what happiness is in the end anyway, it's the struggle that makes it so much sweeter. Thumbsup

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
05-05-2016, 08:09 PM
We love you no matter what. And if anyone picks to judge you over whatever your decision is, they are missing out on one cool person. <3
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
I'm unconcerned with your gender. You seem nice so far, I'm hoping you sort out your problems you mentioned in the other thread. Thumbsup

Do you care about pronouns?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
05-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys.
I know my gender doesn't matter in a forum setting...
I promise I won't make any threads about this other than this one.
I guess it just feels weird when people call me gendered words. It doesn't hurt my feelings. It just feels weird like being called a turkey or a log or something. It's not always easy to explain.
Sorry if I'm justill being confusing. I'm good at confusing people
05-05-2016, 08:24 PM
(05-05-2016 08:12 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I'm unconcerned with your gender. You seem nice so far, I'm hoping you sort out your problems you mentioned in the other thread. Thumbsup

My preferred pronouns are they/them. I like neutral words.

I won't give people a hard time if they call me a boy or girl or whatever. It's not a big deal to me. I felt the need to kind of come out, though. I'm not good at holding things in.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
05-05-2016, 08:34 PM
(05-05-2016 08:24 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 08:12 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I'm unconcerned with your gender. You seem nice so far, I'm hoping you sort out your problems you mentioned in the other thread. Thumbsup

My preferred pronouns are they/them. I like neutral words.

I agree. But it is hard to use them universally gender neutral. I do try. I use "they" and "them" a lot.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-05-2016, 08:48 PM
If you are not strictly MALE, or strictly FEMALE, whatever that actually means, sexually, you may be somewhere in between. It isn't an either/or rule. There is a broad spectrum of sexual expression in the human genome. I HOPE no one here will judge you for not being "manly man or girly girl". Just look at Girly Man and Manly Girl, for example. That's kind of a joking thing, but in reality, we are pretty accepting of a person's sexuality...to the point that we don't even care what it is. If you never had said what your sexual preference is, nobody would ask. Make sense? By the same token, if you feel the need to discuss your discomfort with society's "norms", go right ahead. Atheists have open and logical minds and are a ton less judgmental about differences in fellow humans.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post