On my gender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 02:30 AM
RE: On my gender
Don't care what you are as long as you care about people, our world, the next generations and the truth.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
06-05-2016, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 04:35 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
(05-05-2016 07:02 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I hate making this thread because I feel like everyone will eat me alive. I'll take that risk. Whatever.
I realise that some people wonder what my gender is lol. Um... I dunno. I don't really have much of a sense of gender. So I call myself a person, a teen, a kid, things that aren't gender specific.
Am I gonna be super cringe-worthy about it? No. I don't even plan on talking about it. There isn't much to say. I'm only making this thread for awareness reasons. Just to clear things up.
If someone doesn't know, I'm not gonna make a big deal about it.

Okay, I'm ready for
-negative reps
-being burned at the stake
-lyching
-etc
Could be my anxiety? I don't know.Drinking BeverageHoboSadcryfaceUnsure

WHAT?! What next? You're going to tell us you're a... a... *gasp* ...an atheist?! Weeping

Wink

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 6 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-05-2016, 04:29 AM
If you expected internet hate for being who you are, you came to the wrong place. It's against the forum rules to be even slightly offensive in the Support section.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
06-05-2016, 04:36 AM
(05-05-2016 11:24 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 11:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Rightly or wrongly, I've always thought of the following:
Sex = procreation
Gender = biologically male or female
Gender identity = psychological self identification

I really dislike using the word "sex" to mean "male" or "female"

That sounds fair, it's a medical term, so yes gender is physical, gender identity is mental/emotional and then there's sexual orientation which has nothing to do with gender or identity, it's a separate aspect which I find interesting.

I really should have been clear that I meant gender identity. I'm glad no one cares though.
I guess I was expecting a lot of hatred because I've seen A LOT of internet hatred toward people whose identity and body don't quite match up. It's even worse when you don't identify as guy or girl.
06-05-2016, 04:45 AM
I don't think people here care about your gender identity, but if they are referring to you in third person they may use the pronoun they associate mentally with your posts, rather than always writing your user name.

I get referred to sometimes as a he, sometimes as a she, even though beverages have no gender. (Except for Cosmos.)
06-05-2016, 05:00 AM
(06-05-2016 04:45 AM)julep Wrote:  I don't think people here care about your gender identity, but if they are referring to you in third person they may use the pronoun they associate mentally with your posts, rather than always writing your user name.

I get referred to sometimes as a he, sometimes as a she, even though beverages have no gender. (Except for Cosmos.)

Yup. That's fine. I don't plan on giving people a hard time.

This is just a poorly written coming out thread. Yay.
06-05-2016, 05:40 AM
When on-line I prefer not knowing a persons gender, race, or other physical characteristics. This is a place to interact with opinions and beliefs and it doesn't need to be cluttered up with extraneous info that may introduce bias.

Also, you're a teen which means you are supposed to be confused. Big Grin It is hard to become comfortable with who you are and harder to realize that if somebody doesn't accept it then that is their problem, not yours.

It can feel like you have to figure everything out immediately. You don't. Even if you think you have, it will change as you continue to mature and learn. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
06-05-2016, 05:45 AM
(06-05-2016 05:40 AM)unfogged Wrote:  When on-line I prefer not knowing a persons gender, race, or other physical characteristics. This is a place to interact with opinions and beliefs and it doesn't need to be cluttered up with extraneous info that may introduce bias.

Also, you're a teen which means you are supposed to be confused. Big Grin It is hard to become comfortable with who you are and harder to realize that if somebody doesn't accept it then that is their problem, not yours.

It can feel like you have to figure everything out immediately. You don't. Even if you think you have, it will change as you continue to mature and learn. Relax and enjoy the ride.

When I said gender, I meant to say gender identity. I've never said anything about my physical properties. Smile I don't plan to.

I personally don't care what gender I am physically or mentally. I do want to be more comfortable with myself.

Anyway, in the end, I just want to be the forum's space bird.
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 06:25 AM
This ain't Duck Dynasty ya know...

The people here tend to have more teeth and education..........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-05-2016, 07:54 AM
looks like you picked the right place to come out Smile
I care not about a person's gender or identity or orientation. I do wish you happiness.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post