On my gender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: On my gender
(06-05-2016 04:36 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 11:24 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  That sounds fair, it's a medical term, so yes gender is physical, gender identity is mental/emotional and then there's sexual orientation which has nothing to do with gender or identity, it's a separate aspect which I find interesting.

I really should have been clear that I meant gender identity. I'm glad no one cares though.
I guess I was expecting a lot of hatred because I've seen A LOT of internet hatred toward people whose identity and body don't quite match up. It's even worse when you don't identify as guy or girl.

You are what you are and we don't care around here. My daughter is transgender and she's a nice, smart, thoughtful person and that's all that really matters in the end.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Despite your initial misgivings, I am honored that you trusted us enough to share something that was weighing on you. I hope you are realizing from all the responses so far that, as a general rule, we are a pretty open and accepting group.

You are my favorite space bird. Smile

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 4 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
06-05-2016, 08:28 AM
(06-05-2016 08:25 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 04:36 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I really should have been clear that I meant gender identity. I'm glad no one cares though.
I guess I was expecting a lot of hatred because I've seen A LOT of internet hatred toward people whose identity and body don't quite match up. It's even worse when you don't identify as guy or girl.

You are what you are and we don't care around here. My daughter is transgender and she's a nice, smart, thoughtful person and that's all that really matters in the end.

Thanks, and that is true.

I'm glad you guys have been really accepting.
06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
(06-05-2016 08:28 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 08:25 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You are what you are and we don't care around here. My daughter is transgender and she's a nice, smart, thoughtful person and that's all that really matters in the end.

Thanks, and that is true.

I'm glad you guys have been really accepting.

It's rather simple. Stay clear of Facebook, Tumblr or what not. These places are not moderated unless somebody makes an actual criminal act like death threats; but they can get away with pretty much anything else. This forum is heavily moderated, and 9/10 trolls only hang around in the A&T or Alex Jones section; neither of them are places where you should hang about if you want polite or heartwarming conversations. And since 9/10 of potential "assholes" only hang around one or two places, they'll never know that you feel vulnerable on this particular subject.

Unless you go looking for trouble yourself, this forum is very safe.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Why did you expect a negative reaction? I mean, you posted this thread in the Personal Issues and Support section where negative feedback is not allowed.

As for the topic itself, when people ask you what gender you are, 9 out of 10 times, they're asking what's between your legs, not what you feel like you are.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Hug
My mom was gay, and it was tough for her back in the day- she was born in 1925- came out in the late 70's. I saw the hostility people had then. I find it courageous when people follow their own path and meet their own needs. I would like to get to know you! Your sexuality/gender is completely unimportant to me, although it does make me slightly curious-I was not curious before this thread,but am now...I am a curious creature in general.
I hope that my age (59) does not cause you to have any reservations about both my abilities and inabilities. One thing I love about this forum is that I get to meet people at their mind and from their opinions- without having many preconceived ideas about them,other than their posts. It is so wonderful to be able to connect without the external, physical impressions.

Send you another hug and a smile.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
06-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Listen bro, you do you okay. Just don't give a fuck about how people feel when it comes to this and you will be just fine.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-05-2016, 10:02 AM
(05-05-2016 07:42 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  ---
-Am I at that awkward age? Possibly? ---
---

Out of curiosity, what is your age? It may have a lot to do with feeling all over the place and nowhere. Shy

Anyway ...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-05-2016, 10:39 AM
(06-05-2016 10:02 AM)kim Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 07:42 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  ---
-Am I at that awkward age? Possibly? ---
---

Out of curiosity, what is your age? It may have a lot to do with feeling all over the place and nowhere. Shy

Anyway ...

Erm... 17, turning 18 in July. On the same day the Ark Encounter opens. 7 July.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Our culture has for some reason given gender identity a far greater importance then it needs.

Your gender ID should be what you determine it to be, but our culture has forced us to choose. This shouldn't your problem it should be "theirs" (i.e. the majority that feels that they can and should force everybody into a neat little box).

Gender is only one aspect of hundreds of characteristics that each person identifies themselves with, and it should be mostly irrelevant in day to day situations.

My physical gender is on every piece of government issued ID I have, why? Why is my gender relevant to my driver's license? Why isn't my blood type identified there instead...which would be far more important in the case of an accident. Stuff like that.

Anyway TTA forums can be considered pretty much a stereotype free zone.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post