On my gender

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: On my gender
(06-05-2016 10:39 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 10:02 AM)kim Wrote:  Out of curiosity, what is your age? It may have a lot to do with feeling all over the place and nowhere. Shy
---

Erm... 17, turning 18 in July. On the same day the Ark Encounter opens. 7 July.

17/18 - perfect! Actually, any age one seeks (to possibly find) self perspective is perfect. Thumbsup

It's possible you feel somewhat pressured into "definition" of some sort. Sadly, much in our present culture is the product of "standardized" schooling and testing. Yet, there is on such thing as a standardized human being... at least I hope not.

The time between your specific age and uh ... whenever ... can be a great time of exploration. The more others press you for some explanation of yourself, simply advise them you are an adventurer. The more you are pressed should be the signal for you to free yourself from everyone else's narrowing opinions.

Just live and figure out who you are. That should keep you busy for the rest of your life. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-05-2016, 10:57 PM
I am new here and I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I identify as genderqueer so it's great knowing that there is someone else out there among the faithless. There are some things for which only someone who is gender non-conforming can truly relate... Like the discomfort that comes with only having the option of identifying yourself as either male or female in most things... Or the detailed conversations that need to take place if there is any hope of having your identity understood. So anyway, I'm am so glad that you decided to share with us. Thanks again!
[+] 4 users Like Kaiscio's post
15-05-2016, 01:10 AM
My kid is about the same way. She... They... Identifies as gay, asexual, and gender fluid. I think they leans toward female.

Only issue I have is grammatical. The plural-as-singular grates on my mind in speech and writing both. My early training makes me think "wrongwrongwrong".

I have no problem with the idea. I've heard of co, hir, and per being offered as pronoun options. They don't seem to catch on though.
15-05-2016, 08:03 AM
(15-05-2016 01:10 AM)I Am Wrote:  My kid is about the same way. She... They... Identifies as gay, asexual, and gender fluid. I think they leans toward female.

Only issue I have is grammatical. The plural-as-singular grates on my mind in speech and writing both. My early training makes me think "wrongwrongwrong".

I have no problem with the idea. I've heard of co, hir, and per being offered as pronoun options. They don't seem to catch on though.

How old is your child?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-05-2016, 08:07 AM
(14-05-2016 10:57 PM)Kaiscio Wrote:  I am new here and I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I identify as genderqueer so it's great knowing that there is someone else out there among the faithless. There are some things for which only someone who is gender non-conforming can truly relate... Like the discomfort that comes with only having the option of identifying yourself as either male or female in most things... Or the detailed conversations that need to take place if there is any hope of having your identity understood. So anyway, I'm am so glad that you decided to share with us. Thanks again!

No problem. It definitely is tough sometimes. >.<
I'm willing to talk about it with you if you'd like.

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
15-05-2016, 08:10 AM
(15-05-2016 01:10 AM)I Am Wrote:  My kid is about the same way. She... They... Identifies as gay, asexual, and gender fluid. I think they leans toward female.

Yeah. They can also be used to talk about someone you don't know the gender of. I don't know if that's official, though. Probably not. Laugh out load

☆☆☆
15-05-2016, 08:45 AM
(15-05-2016 08:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

How old is your child?

A month shy of 18.
15-05-2016, 09:38 AM
(15-05-2016 08:45 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 08:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  How old is your child?

A month shy of 18.

That's the age my daughter came out to me as transgender. I did find that the pronouns were the hardest thing to get used to. Her new name was easy. I read that Cher, the singer (or whatever she is these days) had the same problem when Chaz came out as transgender. She kept referring to him as "her".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-05-2016, 09:43 AM
(05-05-2016 07:02 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Okay, I'm ready for
-negative reps
-being burned at the stake
-lyching
-etc
Could be my anxiety? I don't know.Drinking BeverageHoboSadcryfaceUnsure

Did you really think that anyone here would really care that you don't care to identify with a particular gender, or share that? Did you really expect to get negative reps because of this?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-05-2016, 11:23 AM
(15-05-2016 09:38 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 08:45 AM)I Am Wrote:  A month shy of 18.

That's the age my daughter came out to me as transgender. I did find that the pronouns were the hardest thing to get used to. Her new name was easy. I read that Cher, the singer (or whatever she is these days) had the same problem when Chaz came out as transgender. She kept referring to him as "her".

I had someone I knew since high school decide to come out and have a sex change some 8 yeas ago. I have no issues with that, and I can maneuver the gender words, but I keep calling her Bob... my brain just throws that out before I can put on the brakes. That part is annoying, I now bite my tongue and think twice before saying the name. Mostly I don't say the name anymore. It inhibits spontaneous interaction. Hopefully eventually my brain will switch gears. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man