On the Aurora shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 09:15 AM
On the Aurora shooting
http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/on-aurora/

Aurora Colorado is my hometown...my thoughts on the aftermath and the "reasons" for this tragedy...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Seasbury's post
22-07-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: On the Aurora shooting
(22-07-2012 09:15 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/on-aurora/

Aurora Colorado is my hometown...my thoughts on the aftermath and the "reasons" for this tragedy...
Nice plug.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 10:47 AM
(22-07-2012 09:42 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 09:15 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/on-aurora/

Nice plug.
Sean has been posting his blog here for a long time. It's always a good read, and he checked for permission long ago too. Check it out. I really like his writing.

Don't worry, if it were just an excuse to plug his blog Ida booted his ass! Lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Great commentary from a native. I really enjoyed this entry, man. I cannot believe that Rick Warren posted that on Twitter.
[+] 1 user Likes PeacefulSkeptic's post
22-07-2012, 11:47 AM
(22-07-2012 10:47 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sean has been posting his blog here for a long time. It's always a good read, and he checked for permission long ago too. Check it out. I really like his writing.

Don't worry, if it were just an excuse to plug his blog Ida booted his ass! Lol

Thanks James Smile

I try to keep on target and "relevant" to the forum - my blog just allows for expanded thoughts on topics that wouldn't make for 'good' individual posts..,

I don't earn anything from my writings - the only 'reward' I get is the few minutes people spend with my thoughts...hopefully it's worth the time Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
22-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I have another explanation. This was just another chapter in God's plan, and God works in mysterious ways, so the Aurora shooter was just doing God's work. Thank God!
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
22-07-2012, 08:14 PM
(22-07-2012 07:58 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I have another explanation. This was just another chapter in God's plan, and God works in mysterious ways, so the Aurora shooter was just doing God's work. Thank God!
This is a tried and true playbook. Whenever tragedy strikes in the world, be it from natural causes or a violent individual, it is nearly impossible not to find a pundit, politician, or religious leader weighing in that it is a direct result of god sending a message. How is this different from Fred Phelps and his Westboro brethren?
We thank god for protecting our loved ones and keeping them safe and out of harm’s way, but what of the 12 killed? From 6 year old Veronica Moser-Sullivan to 51 year old Gordon Cowden and the 10 in between? Where was their protection or are they the butcher’s bill for god’s displeasure?

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
22-07-2012, 08:33 PM
(22-07-2012 08:14 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  This is a tried and true playbook. Whenever tragedy strikes in the world, be it from natural causes or a violent individual, it is nearly impossible not to find a pundit, politician, or religious leader weighing in that it is a direct result of god sending a message.
I'm not saying it was a message per se, just that it's part of God's plan. Everything god does is good, even if it is not clear why it is good, and we can't pick and choose. Whether you've just been handed a free steak sandwich or you're watching a random shooter kill your family, you need to understand that it all serves god's purpose. God works in mysterious ways. It's all just part of the plan. Our god is an awesome god. Thank God!
22-07-2012, 10:33 PM
On Facebook, one of my friends posted a link asking for people to "pray that all 12 of the ones taken from their loved ones are now safe in the arms of Jesus!!!!" and I'm rather curious about what a Christian would think these prayers accomplish... except wishful thinking.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
22-07-2012, 11:59 PM
I love how the Christians on my friend's facebook feed are all calling for his horrific death and justifying it by calling him an animal. (Somehow I find irony in the part about them calling him an animal.) My friend posted a picture of the guy and talked about how he should be publicly hung (as if that ever did any good when they DID do such a thing) and then others below it posted other horrific means to the young man's end.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be put to death, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with the sanity to say, "Dude, you people are really fucked up and might want to have that mental condition checked." I mean, really, am I the only one that finds people talking about having him strung up in a cell for his victims' loved ones to pretty much torture him to death, or tortured in general, to be mildly disturbing on the part of those suggesting it?

After all, that's exactly what he did to his victims. He sat there and planned what he was going to do, and then went out and did it. The actual act is the only thing separating them from his level, and I'm 90% sure they'd actually go through with it. I honestly don't see how him doing something horrific means we should all lose our own humanity and slaughter the guy like monsters ourselves. Then again I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. :/

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
[+] 2 users Like Chaos' Requiem's post