On the Aurora shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: On the Aurora shooting
(22-07-2012 10:33 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  On Facebook, one of my friends posted a link asking for people to "pray that all 12 of the ones taken from their loved ones are now safe in the arms of Jesus!!!!" and I'm rather curious about what a Christian would think these prayers accomplish... except wishful thinking.

You silly, their prayers will get them into Heaven sooner. Seriously, some people...

Dodgy

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
23-07-2012, 05:34 AM
It always amuses me that such don't seem to consider the likelihood that some of the victims weren't Christians.

::::: mock-shudder ::::: Why, they might even have been...ummm...atheists!
[+] 1 user Likes Her Dotness's post
23-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Can this thread please be moved to "World News", since it has nothing to do with atheism or theism.

In "World News" we already have 2-3 threads about this shooting, so can you please check the threads before posting new ones, that already exist?

Can I please have some moderator rights, for Christ sake, so that I can these things for you, instead of preaching what to do on your forum?

Thank you.

Jeez...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
23-07-2012, 05:41 AM
God has a plan. They need to stop screwing it up with their prayers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Does his plan involve moving this thread? Or am I praying for no reason?

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
23-07-2012, 09:29 AM
(23-07-2012 05:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  Does his plan involve moving this thread? Or am I praying for no reason?

Big Grin

We won't know if it was god's plan to move the thread unless it happens. if it moves then it was, if it doesn't then it wasn't. All we know so far is that your post was part of god's plan since you posted it.
23-07-2012, 11:57 AM
(23-07-2012 09:29 AM)Jeff Wrote:  We won't know if it was god's plan to move the thread unless it happens. if it moves then it was, if it doesn't then it wasn't. All we know so far is that your post was part of god's plan since you posted it.

Damn Jeff; it's like you're practically channeling the Christee mind set. Blink You're gettin' down right fukin' spooky, man.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-07-2012, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 02:13 PM by Thomas.)
Lots of things trouble me on this.

1 - A 6 year old girl was killed. Terrible enough, but what was a 6 year old doing at an R rated film (for violence) at a midnight showing. There was also a baby in the audience. Does anyone have any common sense any more? The parents just couldn't wait to see the movie? Why is anyone under 18 allowed in any movie at a midnight showing?

2 - The jump to call this guy a T-Party member by ABC, which was not true. To use this tragedy as political ammunition before the dead are even buried is SICK! ABC News go fuck yourself.

3 - The call to ban guns (again) as if this is the root cause (Bloomberg). The three most deadly shootings have occurred outside of the US. 77 killed in Norway. 57 killed in South Korea. 35 killed in Australia. All having much tighter gun control laws than the US. Colorado also has some of the most strict gun laws as a reaction to the Columbine shootings. It didn't stop this one.

4 - The call to put metal detectors at movie theaters. No need for comment on this stupid idea except that he came in the exist door.

5 - The constant stating of his name, showing his face. We can't give these people publicity as this is a big reason for their actions. They want to be known. It's part of the mental illness. Delusions of grandeur.

This is a sick twisted person. That's it. No one could see it coming. The only blame is this nutcase himself. We can't set policy on emotions driven from tragedies.

What has changed in America? I used to watch Batman as a kid. No guns, No lethal weapons of any kind. The fights were silly and everyone got up and walked away. There were plenty of guns around then as well. No one wants to consider that some people cannot separate fantasy from reality. "I'm the Joker" he called out before killing 12 people. He didn't yell, "The T-Party Rules".

If the human race is going to survive as a species we need to make rational decisions based on accurate analysis, not rush to blame, judge and react on emotions.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
23-07-2012, 02:19 PM
(23-07-2012 05:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  Can this thread please be moved to "World News", since it has nothing to do with atheism or theism.

In "World News" we already have 2-3 threads about this shooting, so can you please check the threads before posting new ones, that already exist?

Can I please have some moderator rights, for Christ sake, so that I can these things for you, instead of preaching what to do on your forum?

Thank you.

Jeez...

Smile
You don't have mod powers cuz you'd have a heart attack. Yer gettin way to worked up man.

2 penalty hoots for not being mellow.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-07-2012, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 02:24 PM by Seasbury.)
(23-07-2012 02:07 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Lots of things trouble me on this.

1 - A 6 year old girl was killed. Terrible enough, but what was a 6 year old doing at an R rated film (for violence) at a midnight showing. There was also a baby in the audience. Does anyone have any common sense any more? The parents just couldn't wait to see the movie? Why is anyone under 18 allowed in any movie at a midnight showing?

Doesn't matter if they're accompanied by an adult - at least that's the ticket sales policy

2 - The jump to call this guy a T-Party member by ABC, which was not true. To use this tragedy as political ammunition before the dead are even buried is SICK! ABC News go fuck yourself.

ABC gaffed - they went searching for a James Holmes and found one in the Colorado Tea Party -- poor journalism, but then again, American journalism ain't what it used to be...

My problem with the Tea Party was my new bestest buddy Louie Gohmert -- who basically blamed all the country's ills on atheists...

3 - The call to ban guns (again) as if this is the root cause (Bloomberg). The three most deadly shootings have occurred outside of the US. 77 killed in Norway. 57 killed in South Korea. 35 killed in Australia. All having much tighter gun control laws than the US. Colorado also has some of the most strict gun laws as a reaction to the Columbine shootings. It didn't stop this one.

Problematic huh -- worse, the killer purchased his guns legally. Had he not, he most likely would've obtained them illegally...tough to stop a motivated lone wolf - regardless...

4 - The call to put metal detectors at movie theaters. No need for comment on this stupid idea except that he came in the exist door.

What a boon for Netflix and Blockbuster though!

5 - The constant stating of his name, showing his face. We can't give these people publicity as this is a big reason for their actions. They want to be known. It's part of the mental illness. Delusions of grandeur.

Didn't they make a Deniro film about this? 15 Minutes or something like that?

This is a sick twisted person. That's it. No one could see it coming. The only blame is this nutcase himself. We can't set policy on emotions driven from tragedies.

Agree -- the only policy that would come out of this would be a bad policy

What has changed in America? I used to watch Batman as a kid. No guns, No lethal weapons of any kind. The fights were silly and everyone got up and walked away. There were plenty of guns around then as well. No one wants to consider that some people cannot separate fantasy from reality. "I'm the Joker" he called out before killing 12 people. He didn't yell, "The T-Party Rules".

Old Batman, Adam West-style wouldn't make a penny in the box office -- way to camp...

If the human race is going to survive as a species we need to make rational decisions based on accurate analysis, not rush to blame, judge and react on emotions.

Not the American way... Sad

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user