On the Circularity of Presupposing God's Goodness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: On the Circularity of Presupposing God's Goodness
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Yes, the angels, which have fallen out of Reality, are all caused by the satan. The sin does not exist, and the devils are the sin's embodiment.

Another thing, why do you keep asserting sin does not exist?

If you define sin as disobedience to the god of the bible, then it most certainly does exist in abundance. You are actually disregarding your own bible to make this assertion.

I rode my bike on Sunday and didn't go to church, pretty sure that violates the Sabbath.

Well.... to be fair.... from my perspective sin does not exist in "reality" but it does exist in Christians "mythology" It's an abstract concept that could only be real, if the claims made by Christians could be demonstrated to be true. Since they can't sin simply isn't real.....

somehow I doubt Borgy wants to come in line with reality on this though.... lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
22-03-2017, 01:41 PM
(22-03-2017 01:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Where in the bible does it say that Satan created the angels that followed him in his rebellion against god?

What the fuck? he really said that??!!

I mean.... a lot of what we know about Satan and his fall doesn't come from the bible (or at least the current cannons of the bible used today). But NO WHERE does it say Satan caused sin, or that Satan created demons. Demons are supposedly fallen ANGELS who decided to rebel against god, supposedly Satan rebelled because he thought he was the most beautiful creation and was jealous of humans.

Sin is defined as doing anything not ordered by god. Meaning if god commanded you to commit genocide, refusing to commit genocide would be a sin. When god asked whatshisface to sacrifice his son, it would have been a sin not to. That he was allowed to sacrifice an animal in the end instead is kinda irrelevant. The fact is god ordered the murder and massacre and rape of thousands of children. By bible standards that means refusing to rape children is a sin (at the very least in those specific instances). And you wonder why we call god a reprehensible character???!!!!

Get your fucking shit together shmorgasborg.

Borg doesn't understand the most BASIC concepts of Judeo-Christianity. He says sin doesn't exist, he says Satan created his own minions. He says god's existence is dependent on god's hatred.

He seems blithely unaware of how his ignorance of his own religion puts him firmly in apostate territory.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
22-03-2017, 01:44 PM
(22-03-2017 01:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:28 PM)JesseB Wrote:  What the fuck? he really said that??!!

I mean.... a lot of what we know about Satan and his fall doesn't come from the bible (or at least the current cannons of the bible used today). But NO WHERE does it say Satan caused sin, or that Satan created demons. Demons are supposedly fallen ANGELS who decided to rebel against god, supposedly Satan rebelled because he thought he was the most beautiful creation and was jealous of humans.

Sin is defined as doing anything not ordered by god. Meaning if god commanded you to commit genocide, refusing to commit genocide would be a sin. When god asked whatshisface to sacrifice his son, it would have been a sin not to. That he was allowed to sacrifice an animal in the end instead is kinda irrelevant. The fact is god ordered the murder and massacre and rape of thousands of children. By bible standards that means refusing to rape children is a sin (at the very least in those specific instances). And you wonder why we call god a reprehensible character???!!!!

Get your fucking shit together shmorgasborg.

Borg doesn't understand the most BASIC concepts of Judeo-Christianity. He says sin doesn't exist, he says Satan created his own minions. He says god's existence is dependent on god's hatred.

He seems blithely unaware of how his ignorance of his own religion puts him firmly in apostate territory.

That's a good point. Borgy you might as well join us..... I mean if you're gonna be an Apostate anyway you got nothin to loose Tongue

That reminds me.... I was excommunicated from the church when I was about 10 years old. So trying to convert me is stupid even by christian standards lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
22-03-2017, 01:44 PM
(22-03-2017 01:38 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Another thing, why do you keep asserting sin does not exist?

If you define sin as disobedience to the god of the bible, then it most certainly does exist in abundance. You are actually disregarding your own bible to make this assertion.

I rode my bike on Sunday and didn't go to church, pretty sure that violates the Sabbath.

Well.... to be fair.... from my perspective sin does not exist in "reality" but it does exist in Christians "mythology" It's an abstract concept that could only be real, if the claims made by Christians could be demonstrated to be true. Since they can't sin simply isn't real.....

somehow I doubt Borgy wants to come in line with reality on this though.... lol

Yep, but even within Borg's biblical framework, sin clearly exists. It's a remarkable assertion he's making without biblical support, his ignorance of his own religion is amusing as it is pathetic.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
22-03-2017, 01:57 PM
(22-03-2017 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Yes, the angels, which have fallen out of Reality, are all caused by the satan. The sin does not exist, and the devils are the sin's embodiment.

Where in the Bible ........
Read the Holy Fathers, do not be limited. Thumbsup
22-03-2017, 02:04 PM
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

Another thing, why do you keep asserting sin does not exist?

What is the meaning of the word "exist"? The thing exists, because it come from the source of existence - the Jesus Christ. The devil (or any sin) has not originated from Jesus Christ, so the devil does not exist. However exists problem of devil, problem of sin. Solution: hell there, or repentance here.
22-03-2017, 02:33 PM
(22-03-2017 01:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Where in the Bible ........
Read the Holy Fathers, do not be limited. Thumbsup

Yeah, not in the bible. Drinking Beverage

I prefer this type of fiction:

[Image: 3766443-spider-man-comic-covers-1-1152x864.jpg]

22-03-2017, 02:34 PM
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Another thing, why do you keep asserting sin does not exist?

What is the meaning of the word "exist"? The thing exists, because it come from the source of existence - the Jesus Christ. The devil (or any sin) has not originated from Jesus Christ, so the devil does not exist. However exists problem of devil, problem of sin. Solution: hell there, or repentance here.

That's not what it means, you're just making shit up.

You have a serious disconnect from reality.

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-03-2017, 02:43 PM
(22-03-2017 02:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  What is the meaning of the word "exist"? The thing exists, because it come from the source of existence - the Jesus Christ. The devil (or any sin) has not originated from Jesus Christ, so the devil does not exist. However exists problem of devil, problem of sin. Solution: hell there, or repentance here.

That's not what it means, you're just making shit up.

Prove it. Give me evidence! The simple denial is the troll's tactic.
22-03-2017, 02:44 PM
(22-03-2017 02:43 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 02:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  That's not what it means, you're just making shit up.

Prove it. Give me evidence! The simple denial is the troll's tactic.

You're not really doing anything but going around saying "prove it!"

So I'm reporting this post. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post