On the Circularity of Presupposing God's Goodness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: On the Circularity of Presupposing God's Goodness
(22-03-2017 02:43 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Prove it. Give me evidence! The simple denial is the troll's tactic.

And shifting the burden of proof is the theist's tactic.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Glossophile's post
22-03-2017, 03:20 PM
(22-03-2017 02:33 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Read the Holy Fathers, do not be limited. Thumbsup

Yeah, not in the bible. Drinking Beverage

I prefer this type of fiction:

[Image: 3766443-spider-man-comic-covers-1-1152x864.jpg]

Ohhhhh I LOVE spiderman!

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
22-03-2017, 07:33 PM
So we've learned a few things:

The Borg has given authority to the "Holy Fathers", whoever the hell that is. Apparently their authority even surpasses that of biblical authors.

So this is a cult, where you don't evaluate anything critically, you simply accept what the "holy fathers" say even when it contradicts the bible.

We also learned that the Borg thinks that:

Satan created fallen angels, in total, heretical defiance to mainstream Christianity.

That sin doesn't exist, in total, heretical defiance to mainstream Christianity.

That Satan doesn't even exist, that Satan is a metaphorical reference to sin, again, a heretical defiance of mainstream Christianity.

While he denies the existence of sin, he admits the metaphorical existence of Satan as a proxy of sin, which contradicts the idea that sin doesn't exist. Hobo

So I've drank enough of "The Tequila" (praise to the tequila!) And nope, it still doesn't make sense. Facepalm

[Image: a2e737f9e3fa9121edac82461c009fb9.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
22-03-2017, 09:41 PM
theBorg:

[The contents of this message are hidden because theBorg is on your ignore list.] Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
22-03-2017, 10:59 PM
(22-03-2017 07:33 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...............
The Borg has given authority to the "Holy Fathers", whoever the hell that is. Apparently their authority even surpasses that of biblical authors.
Satan created fallen angels, in total, heretical defiance to mainstream Christianity.

That sin doesn't exist, in total, heretical defiance to mainstream Christianity.

That Satan doesn't even exist, that Satan is a metaphorical reference to sin, again, a heretical defiance of mainstream Christianity.

While he denies the existence of sin, he admits the metaphorical existence of Satan as a proxy of sin, which contradicts the idea that sin doesn't exist. Hobo
Some parts of the Bible have different opinions. The correct opinion is the opinion of the Holy Fathers. Check "Orthodox Holy Fathers" in Wikipedia: https://orthodoxwiki.org/Church_Fathers
I did not said, what satan is metaphorical, please don't add up to my text.
23-03-2017, 04:50 AM
(22-03-2017 10:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 07:33 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...............

Some parts of the Bible have different opinions. The correct opinion is the opinion of the Holy Fathers. Check "Orthodox Holy Fathers" in Wikipedia: https://orthodoxwiki.org/Church_Fathers
I did not said, what satan is metaphorical, please don't add up to my text.
You said:

(22-03-2017 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The devil (or any sin) has not originated from Jesus Christ, so the devil does not exist. However exists problem of devil, problem of sin. Solution: hell there, or repentance here.

So the devil does not exist? But then you say problem of devil exists.

So I suppose you can say you did or didn't say the devil exists in the same sentence. Facepalm

You are in a cult, you have ceded any thought process to your cult leaders/"holy fathers" and they have authority that even supersedes the bible in your bizarro world.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
23-03-2017, 04:59 AM
Inq, stick Borgy on ignore, it's just easier that way lol.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
23-03-2017, 05:50 AM
(23-03-2017 04:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Inq, stick Borgy on ignore, it's just easier that way lol.

> Indeed! One cannot reason with one who has renounced the use of reason, and it's a waste of time to try. It would be far more constructive to simply banish him to The Penalty Box. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
23-03-2017, 08:41 AM
(23-03-2017 04:50 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...........
So the devil does not exist? But then you say problem of devil exists.

So I suppose you can say you did or didn't say the devil exists in the same sentence. Facepalm
There is no physical world outside our Universe. However, we clear see, the boundaries with this "nothingness": the Black Holes, Seeming Big Bang, Judgment Day, light speed barrier, and the finite volume of Universe. Add there are the UFO problem. So, this area does not exist within Physics, however we feel the actions of it. Same thing with the satan. The evil one can lift the stone. We see the stone lifting (and it may fly and hurt someone), but the satan is not real: he is outside of Reality (just like Seeming Big Bang is outside of Physics).
23-03-2017, 08:50 AM
(23-03-2017 04:59 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Inq, stick Borgy on ignore, it's just easier that way lol.

It's a favorite chew toy for some people here. To me The Borg is like a oddball cartoon character from an independent animation film company.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post