On the Existence of Garage Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: On the Existence of Garage Dragons
(23-08-2015 02:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  That would be a silly explaination.

Good writing is a poor explanation?

Well. I'm glad that we have your insight on this matter. I'm sure no one else would ever have come up with that brilliant refutation.

(23-08-2015 02:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The rhetorical question was aimed towards the claimant, because only the claimant can answer it. If the claimant answers the question and shows a physical difference between the thing existing vs it not existing then the claimant has possibly provided falsifiable criteria that can be tested.

And if he can't - which neither he nor you can - then there is no difference, and it does not exist.

This is not complicated.

(23-08-2015 02:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  There is no value in the point you think Carl is trying to make. No value what-so-ever.

Quite wrong. It's one of the fundamental concepts in logic. That you, personally, see no value in having a well-defined concept of existence is not a particularly compelling argument against it.

(23-08-2015 02:09 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Why would he limit his point to a deist's god? The deist doesn't even make a claim that their god is non interactive, they think their god interacted at the beginning when creating the universe.

...in such a way that its influence would later be undetectable, natch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply