On the History of Chess

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: On the History of Chess
(23-05-2014 04:52 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 04:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Did I tell you TSG kicks my ass in this game? Because he did twice.Dodgy

I didn't even get checkmate! You just ran out of time! Laughat Laughat Laughat

Laugh, laugh at the fail.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 05:14 PM
(22-05-2014 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty certain I have never won a game of chess. Weeping

It's ok, I never finished a game of chess before, either I raged quit, my opponent raged quit, or I got bored.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-06-2014, 04:11 PM
(22-05-2014 09:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I'll play with anybody here Smile. I have a chess.com handle under mothergoose729.

Hi, Michael.

Does the game occur in real time? I tried correspondence chess many years ago (by snail mail!!!) and by the time I received a reply, I'd lost all interest in the game. Couldn't actually remember the game.

Tull fan by any chance?

"As I did walk by Hampstead Fair
I came upon Mother Goose -- so I turned her loose --
she was screaming."
07-06-2014, 05:47 PM
The Waste Land: the last 9 lines of part II., A Game of Chess
BY T. S. ELIOT 1888–1965

II. A Game of Chess
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME
Well, that Sunday Albert was home, they had a hot gammon,
And they asked me in to dinner, to get the beauty of it hot—
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME
Goonight Bill. Goonight Lou. Goonight May. Goonight.
Ta ta. Goonight. Goonight.
Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
07-06-2014, 08:51 PM
(07-06-2014 04:11 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 09:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I'll play with anybody here Smile. I have a chess.com handle under mothergoose729.

Hi, Michael.

Does the game occur in real time? I tried correspondence chess many years ago (by snail mail!!!) and by the time I received a reply, I'd lost all interest in the game. Couldn't actually remember the game.

Tull fan by any chance?

"As I did walk by Hampstead Fair
I came upon Mother Goose -- so I turned her loose --
she was screaming."

Yeah I prefer to play live chess with a timer. There is a game type I am particularily fond of, you have 15 minutes to complete the game (per person) and you get an additional 10 seconds on your clock after each turn. So you shouldn't lose by running out of time, but you have to hurry up with it already or you just might.