On the road to recovery from obesity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: On the road to recovery from obesity
Nutrition is a challenge, we are going to tackle some meal planning this weekend. I start a new job a week from monday so I have to plan those snacks.
I do have a recumbent bike, but for now I am really enjoying my legs getting into shape. I don't own an elliptical, if I did this place would look like a gym Smile
I picked up a set of straps that go over the door for resistance, and I roll around on the floor with the dogs for stretching and licking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
17-03-2017, 08:18 PM
(17-03-2017 06:01 PM)skyking Wrote:  Nutrition is a challenge, we are going to tackle some meal planning this weekend. I start a new job a week from monday so I have to plan those snacks.
I do have a recumbent bike, but for now I am really enjoying my legs getting into shape. I don't own an elliptical, if I did this place would look like a gym Smile
I picked up a set of straps that go over the door for resistance, and I roll around on the floor with the dogs for stretching and licking.

I'm trying to learn how to meal plan myself... :/
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
18-03-2017, 08:25 AM
I use an app on my phone to track what I am eating, drinking, and exercise.
myfitnesspal
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
There are several.
The free version will show you weekly macro intakes, draw graphs, all sorts of fun stuff.
The premium version is $50 a year or $10 per month, and will show macros and micros on a per-meal basis., set goals for everything, and either version has a huge food database. You can create your own meal and put it in there. Make up a large quantity of a meal, portion and freeze it, and then track your intakes.
For most food nutrition, I go to
http://www.calorieking.com/
It gives you all you need to figure out what a particular recipe has in it, if the data is not specified in the recipe. It also has a huge database of known recipes.
I track my heart rate with an app on my phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rate&hl=en
Once again, there are several. They all use your front facing camera to take your pulse at your finger tip. Very accurate and easy to do, even when walking on the treadmill. It takes a little practice there, but once you get it down it is easy to keep track of your cardio level.
Your maximum heart rate is based on a formula, 220 minus your age.
Cardio is 70% to 85% of your max.
Here is a handy calculator for that.
http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/heartrate

Based on my age of 56, my range is 114 to 139.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Keep up the great work, buddy.
You are a loser (quite literally)

Damn, I am so bad at funny....

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
03-04-2017, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 06:38 AM by skyking.)
4/03
Down 1.5 this week. This will be as good as it gets from now on, I suspect.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
10-04-2017, 01:00 PM
I spoke too soon.
It was a 3.5 pound week this time Smile
It was a significant milestone, I got down to a number I had last seen 23 years ago. I remember because I was working.a round the clock dredging job, 100 days straight. 2 weeks on day, go home and double back, 2 weeks​ graveyard, go home double back, 2 weeks swing. Repeat.
My normally ravenous appetite went away on the swing weeks, and I got DOWN to 238. I had been steady at 245 for a long time. The last time I was stable at that weight had to be in the 80's.
10-04-2017, 01:04 PM
You're only 38 lbs from your goal! Big Grin Congrats dude!
10-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I can see it now. My family is having our annual Mariners baseball game in honor of mom on August 12. That's the current incentive. Many of the people attending have not seen me since I started the diet. I plan on getting a compression shirt for the occasion. We will be starting Pilates and yoga later this week. I hope to be at least half way to my goal by then, and toned.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-04-2017, 05:57 AM
Down another 3.2 this week.
I got a blister on my heel and favored it on the treadmill. Woke up with a stiff calf muscle, so no treadmill for a few days. I expect a week of little to no progress.
24-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Little to no progress Smile
I'm down an incredible 4.6 pounds this week!
I got the yoga DVDs in and started up on that Saturday. I will trade one of my cardios for yoga everyday.
I have 15 weeks ago till the big get together with my family, I am so stoked.
I predict another s***** week of no loss at all it seems to work well : P
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post