On your deathbed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 06:47 AM
On your deathbed...
I've heard "the devout" trying this scare tactic of -- "You'll ask for Gawd's help with your dying breath"....

What assholes.....

I expect I'll probably be thinking "FUCK THAT HURTS"!!!

I wonder - how many Messiahsniffers out there realize on their deathbed -- "There ain't no god"????

I'm betting more than a few -- but we never hear about that - because they're soon too dead to tell us....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-08-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: On your deathbed...
I hope I won't fall so low as to cry for help to primitive, tribal god. I doubt it but one can not be sure, insanity could be waiting for right time to strike.

Also it's simply idiotic - even if all atheist cried for space wizard help on their deathbed it wouldn't mean that said space wizard exist.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
07-08-2015, 07:04 AM
If you are depending on god your entire life then you will depend on him when you are dying. I'm haven't really dealt with or thought a whole lot about god my entire life. So I'd bet it will be the same when I'm going to die.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
07-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Among my worst nightmares is the one where I'm stuck in some religious Old Folk's Home, and there's all kinds of people gathered around my bed, praying. I think, "Help me, god," has a far less chance of escaping my lips than, "Get the fuck out of here!"

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
07-08-2015, 08:05 AM
A few weeks ago I had a very vivid and realistic dream in which I was about to die. It was upsetting and in the dream I got scared a bit to be honest , but god never crossed my mind in the dream or afterwords when I thought about it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
07-08-2015, 08:09 AM
(07-08-2015 06:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've heard "the devout" trying this scare tactic of -- "You'll ask for Gawd's help with your dying breath"....

What assholes.....

I expect I'll probably be thinking "FUCK THAT HURTS"!!!

I wonder - how many Messiahsniffers out there realize on their deathbed -- "There ain't no god"????

I'm betting more than a few -- but we never hear about that - because they're soon too dead to tell us....

Ummm. No. Having worked in a big hospital for a while (short time compared to "Nurse", but long enough to be aware of, and actually attend and even in the room of a few people, including a family member this past year who died), it's almost anti-climactic in a way), it's very subdued, and gentle, and respectful.

1. You will be comfortable. There are lots of good drugs these days. You may be a little groggy, but there will be no pain, unless you tell them you don't want the heavy duty stuff like a Morphine drip, or Dilaudid drip, or whatever.
2. I've never seen anyone start changing their minds, or doing any "converting". It just never happens, IRL.
Every once in a while you get the "crazy" friend or family member who makes a scene, start wailing, etc, but that's pretty rare. We had a nut daughter come in with a weapon and start going up and down the halll "Oh my god, you killed my mother" bla bla bla, but security took her away...ha ha, ha ha.

Live well. It's the best "revenge". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Given there's a Veteran's group called the Foxhole Atheists, many of whom have been in an "I am dying right this moment" situation, only to recover thanks to a battlefield medic/corpsman, I'd say it's a nonsense delusion by Believers who imagine it just as they imagine us burning in Hell whilst they gloat.

The fact that we see so many false "deathbed conversion" stories emerge, even when we know for a fact that they did not occur (e.g. Darwin, etc.), shows that the Fundies are even more desperate to believe that we cry out to their Blood God than they are to believe in Magical Trees of Evil and talking snakes/donkeys, or the rest of their hallucinatory mythologies.

Let them think we're crying out for their "primitive, tribal god", as Szuchow put it (well put!), and ignore them, I say.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-08-2015, 08:13 AM
I doubt it. I'm taking myself out when the time comes. Get a terminal cancer diagnosis or something of the sort and I'm checking out. Fuck that. As such I don't think a god will be involved with that.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
07-08-2015, 08:20 AM
It is funny that there is no statistical difference between those who claim they believe and those who don't, who (demand ?) ask that heroic measures be done, even in situations that are clearly hopeless, (like a traumatic brain injury that is clearly not survivable) . You'd think they's be in a hurry to get to Jebus. At a funeral recently the Catholics kept saying "Eternal *rest* grant unto them, O Lord". I thought that was funny. "Rest". Really ? They "rest" in heaven ? Hmmm. As in sleep. I deceided they don't really buy "heaven" either, they just don't have an acceptable way to say it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-08-2015, 08:50 AM
"I pray to you, FSM, to take me the fuck away from these fucked up religionists.

Amen."

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post