On your deathbed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: On your deathbed...
on my deathbed, I'll ask for the following:

burgers, fries, bbq, hotdogs, french fries, popcorn chicken, ice cream, chocolate, milkshakes, orange juice and soda so I can die pigging out Drooling
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 07:55 PM by Banjo.)
Death eh? Well it comes to us all. "Nobody gets out alive" as they say.

Over the past year I have nearly died twice. I hung on like grim death. Smile
I am still here.

Do I think about death? Yes, but it concerns others more than myself. Last night I had the pleasure of reading to my two year old nice. She was all snuggled up to me. While it made me incredibly happy, it also made me sad. I don't want to leave her. Not soon anyway. But the chances that I will leave soon are on the higher scale.

I already know I wont cry for a god. I did not on those two times in the recent past. I pitied those who did. They tended to die off. It was very sad. And kind of pathetic.

As Anjie knows, as well as others here, getting cancer is a real blow. Especially one where there is hardly a cure. Where the doctors are running around scratching their heads. It does not instill confidence. And at least for me, there is that tingling up and down the spine.

Then people come to visit and they find it more difficult than the patient. By now the patient is getting used to it. Visitors uncomfortable, depending on how one is that day. A friend of mine dropped over a drum I had repaired yesterday, and while here he told me has saw me recently in hospital. Apparently took me for a walk. I have no memory of it.

Of course I am lucky in that I have a thread where I am speaking of all this and many members have offered their support. For which I am very grateful.

I am not afraid of death. I just don't want to miss out on things. And I must face the fact that death is hanging over me. The drug I am on is brand new and experimental. We all hope for the best. But..... Smile

"Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else."
- Marcus Aurelius

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
08-08-2015, 07:58 PM
(08-08-2015 07:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Death eh? Well it comes to us all. "Nobody gets out alive" as they say.

Over the past year I have nearly died twice. I hung on like grim death. Smile
I am still here.

Do I think about death? Yes, but it concerns others more than myself. Last night I had the pleasure of reading to my two year old nice. She was all snuggled up to me. While it made me incredibly happy, it also made me sad. I don't want to leave her. Not soon anyway. But the chances that I will leave soon are on the higher scale.

I already know I wont cry for a god. I did not on those two times in the recent past. I pitied those who did. They tended to die off. It was very sad. And kind of pathetic.

As Anjie knows, as well as others here, getting cancer is a real blow. Especially one where there is hardly a cure. Where the doctors are running around scratching their heads. It does not instill confidence. And at least for me, there is that tingling up and down the spine.

Then people come to visit and they find it more difficult than the patient. By now the patient is getting used to it. Visitors uncomfortable, depending on how one is that day. A friend of mine dropped over a drum I had repaired yesterday, and while here he told me has saw me recently in hospital. Apparently took me for a walk. I have no memory of it.

Of course I am lucky in that I have a thread where I am speaking of all this and many members have offered their support. For which I am very grateful.

I am not afraid of death. I just don't want to miss out on things. And I must face the fact that death is hanging over me. The drug I am on is band new and experimental. We all hope for the best. But..... Smile

"Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else."
- Marcus Aurelius

Yes on others being more uncomfortable than the dying person. One of my hubbies last requests was that I do not tell anyone that he was about to die. He didn't want to face sobbing people standing around his bed not knowing what to say. He wanted to go in peace at home. His kids (from a previous marriage) were none too happy about it afterwards. But eventually they understood.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I want to die painlessly in my sleep.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]