Once off free pass. Target: Anyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Once off free pass. Target: Anyone
What's the ROI?

If the payoff was attractive enough, yes, I would.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Honestly I'd pass, there's no one worth it. Death, it seems at least to me, is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

That's rather like suffering for eternity for finite things they did wrong.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2013, 11:42 AM
(08-11-2013 09:37 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  I also have a few. There was this one guy I told first about how I felt about a particular girl. You see I thought he was a friend. Fast forward and he's telling my ex in front of me about how he's going to be so rich one day. He was subtly telling her that she should leave me and be with him instead. So I'd get a Magnum 500 (this gun can kill a bear. It's basically a hand cannon. It's so powerful that the air changes around the shooter when fired). Aim it at his head and purge him from existence. Can I live with that? I think so. These days I don't really like myself. So why not?

I find this to be a very stupid reason to kill somebody.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
08-11-2013, 11:56 AM
(08-11-2013 11:42 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 09:37 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  I also have a few. There was this one guy I told first about how I felt about a particular girl. You see I thought he was a friend. Fast forward and he's telling my ex in front of me about how he's going to be so rich one day. He was subtly telling her that she should leave me and be with him instead. So I'd get a Magnum 500 (this gun can kill a bear. It's basically a hand cannon. It's so powerful that the air changes around the shooter when fired). Aim it at his head and purge him from existence. Can I live with that? I think so. These days I don't really like myself. So why not?

I find this to be a very stupid reason to kill somebody.

Indeed, if she was willing to leave you off of promises of riches she wasn't worth it.

In regards to the thread question, there isn't anyone I want to kill that's worth the guilt of knowing I ended a life. I'd never know if they were going to be productive in life and contribute to the human condition, maybe save a few lives of their own, in which case I'd really be killing off more than just the one. Then again this person could be a psychopath and be destined to kill hundreds, but I don't know any people like that.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

08-11-2013, 12:18 PM
The piece of shit on my hit list, wished my daughter dead...that's one of a long list of things he has done to her and her kids. Never has he done anything to me directly. I would sleep better if he were no longer a threat. Seems that our legal system is going to continue to pat him on the head and let him go till someone dies, may as well be him.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I don't know of a problem where killing one person would solve it. For dictatorships and militant groups, killing the leader just means a new leader appears. For murderers and rapists, if I knew where they were and what they did I could contact authorities.

So I'd save my pass, and maybe use it as a threat against someone I want to leave me or my sisters alone. I'd never use it, but my enemy wouldn't know that.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
08-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Even though many people have caused me to feel extreme rage, I doubt I'd want to kill them. It's the best you can do to them. I'd prefer to get away with torturing them. Although I always say that no one is really 100% responsible for their actions (their family or education usually is). And well, torturing wouldn't change anything. But I do think it would feel good.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
08-11-2013, 01:49 PM
(08-11-2013 08:56 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  This thread is slightly different to PoolBoyG's kill for utopia thread in the philosophy section.

If you could get a once off free pass, I'm talking no cops, no judges, no legal consequences, no retaliation, no damn nothing, to kill someone. Kill anyone you wanted for any reason. Would you take it? I'm not talking bout erasing peoples minds here. If you killed your target in front of people they'll see you and remember. But they can't retaliate for revenge killings. They could call the cops but they'll say you've got some kind of super diplomatic status. All other consequences like guilt and shame and all that stuff still apply. Just no one can do anything about it.

Who would you kill (names not required) and how? Would you even kill? If not why not?

No. I have absolutely no desire to kill anyone and I would never kill anyone unless the guilt and shame factor were removed. If those two were removed I wouldn't even care about the free pass. If I had reason enough to kill someone that I would never feel guilty or ashamed, I would kill them with or without the free pass.
08-11-2013, 02:44 PM
(08-11-2013 01:41 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Even though many people have caused me to feel extreme rage, I doubt I'd want to kill them. It's the best you can do to them. I'd prefer to get away with torturing them. Although I always say that no one is really 100% responsible for their actions (their family or education usually is). And well, torturing wouldn't change anything. But I do think it would feel good.

Apologies for the off topic reply.

What about their family and the people running the education system? They're actions must also be effected by the education and family before them, and so on, no? So who's fault is it really..

Faultception.. Consider

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

08-11-2013, 03:11 PM
(08-11-2013 02:44 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Apologies for the off topic reply.

What about their family and the people running the education system? They're actions must also be effected by the education and family before them, and so on, no? So who's fault is it really..

Faultception.. Consider

I agree for the most part, but regardless of circumstance or fairness there are some people I know of that, if they disappeared from the face of the earth it would only be a positive thing for humanity. People who have had their whole lives as a second, third, infinity chance to suck it up and do something right, but refuse to even try.

At what point do I need to give a shit more about their existence than the well being of those I love deservedly?

That being said, I could never take any life unless directly threatened.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post