Once upon a time there was a god.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Once upon a time there was a god.....
(17-04-2017 06:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is my favorite fairy tale.
Long, long time ago there were God and His Wife. They really wanted to have children because children are source of great joy. They created many spirit children - sons and daughters. So, God and Goddess became Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. Their children learned a lot but they didn't have physical bodies as their parents had. Because of that hey couldn't have their own children because spirits are not capable to procreate. They also couldn't have eternal progression but they really wanted to become Gods like their Heavenly Parents. They wanted to have physical bodies as their Heavenly Parents had.
Heavenly Parents said that there is only one way to become Gods like them and to have eternal progression - they had to obtain physical mortal bodies and to live in the world were they could create their own families and they could have new experiences. This was the way Heavenly Parents obtained Their godhood.
But nobody could be forced to come to fallen world. Children had agency so they could make their own choices.
2/3 of Gods' children chose to be born in fallen world and to have physical mortal bodies and to have new knowledge and experiences. This knowledge would be very important when they would come back. This knowledge of mortality and good and evil would prepare them even for more knowledge they would continue to receive after they exist fallen world.
Parents said to children that they would experience all kinds of evil, sicknesses, pains, injustice and physical death. They would also make many wrong choices(sins).

It is very important to live in fallen world in order to obtain godhood. In fallen world all become fallen or sinners(make wrong choices).But fallen men can not enter heavenly home. They have too many stains they are not capable to remove.
This is why somebody had to help them to be clean again. This somebody had to be given the kind of power to remove stains.
So, Father and Mother made sure that not only their children could enter fallen world and learn all they had to learn to become Gods but they also could be cleansed from the stains they would get in this world.

So, 2/3 of children chose to become Gods but 1/3 chose different path. One of Gods' sons rebelled and he was able to deceive this 1/3. But this is another long story with many details.

Heavenly Parents said that we would forget about our beautiful heavenly home. It was very important. If children remembered their life with Heavenly Parents it would effect them a lot. First, they would kill themselves because temptation to come back home would be strong enough. Second, if children remembered Heavenly Parents they would knew for sure that Gods were real. And when someone has sure knowledge of existence of Gods and sin he or she rebels knowingly. He or she would suffer horribly, pains of guilt would be incredibly strong.

Many of God's children said that God is evil because He let them to suffer. Many said that God doesn't exist because they suffer.
But there were those who believed that it was better to suffer for a moment in eternity but then to be able to come back home and to be ready for more learning.
They suffered but their faith helped them to endure everything. Their faith made them to become stronger and better people. They were so strong that no pain could break them. They suffered but they could find peace and comfort at the same time.
They were surprised that it was possible to be strong and to be comforted while storms of life were hitting them from every side. They even had strength to cheer others up and to serve them.
They believed that they were sons and daughters of God. They wanted to become Gods. They became Gods and they lived happily ever after

the end

Why did the original gods have physical bodies but their children didn't?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
17-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Once upon a time there was a god
Down on each and ev'ry sinful sod.
Yet when His treasured son's killed
He forgives with His plan fulfilled?
Somehow, no believer finds this odd.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
17-04-2017, 08:33 PM
(17-04-2017 07:48 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Why did the original gods have physical bodies but their children didn't?

According to the fairy tale everything has to be created spiritually first. First intelligence(spirit) then this intelligent spirit has to make a choice - to become God with glorified immortal physical body or to become something else.
This is how it works.
Why? I have no idea. The author of my favorite fairy tale didn't explain why.

P.S. Oh, according to my favorite fairy tale there is no such thing as original gods.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
17-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Dom Wrote:So I came here so I could later have babies? But - I don't want babies. Never did. Beam me up, Scotty!
That's OK.
According to my favorite fairy tale those who came to fallen world wanted to have children in pre-mortal life. Some of them would choose not to have children in mortal life but they still could not be denied to have an opportunity to have children. An opportunity still had to be available for them.

According to my favorite fairy tale sometimes in mortality children of God would not be able to have children due to illness. Or many of them would live in places where they wouldn't have freedom to make this kind of choice. But they would have their PRECIOUS physical bodies and this is why they would have children in post-mortal life.

18-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Somebody has to say it ---

Needs more dragon...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Gotta say, Dance42, Alla's fairy story tells us a whole lot more about the human condition.

It's 'real' myth that can easily evolve in a bubble of ignorance in a campfire folk-lore kinda way.

Yours is blatantly ridiculous. The sort of thing a committee would put together.

No one's going to believe that!

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Mormon version:

Once upon a time there was a psychopathic God who was bored and decided that the only way He could entertain Himself was through the suffering of others. And He was sad, because there weren't others around to suffer, and He had no taste for suffering that involved Himself. So He made Himself a wife and children, and He lied to them all. He told them that having children was the only good thing, and He told them that they couldn't have children until they'd experienced evil and created evil for themselves. And the suckers believed him, and they did their best to please him by turning themselves into abominations. Thus did He splinter His poison into infinite universes, each more evil than the last.

Christian version:

Once upon a time there was a God who talked to Himself so much that he'd split into three. This God made a bunch of stuff, but not very well, and He could never admit He'd made a mistake, so He blamed it on His creations. So God put on a fleshbag and came to earth and got nailed to a tree, which was more painful than He'd expected. He suffered a psychotic break and fled back to Heaven--the cleanest, brightest, most cheerful mental hospital you can imagine. The most functional of God's three personalities set up an application system to screen potential hospital staff. Anyone who passes the screening process gets to spend eternity licking God's bedpans and scrubbing the hospital corridors. Those who fail get to spend eternity in Hell...but as it was designed as poorly as everything else that God did, Hell turns out to be not so bad after all.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
18-04-2017, 07:00 AM
(18-04-2017 06:25 AM)julep Wrote:  Mormon version:

Once upon a time there was a psychopathic God who was bored and decided that the only way He could entertain Himself was through the suffering of others. And He was sad, because there weren't others around to suffer, and He had no taste for suffering that involved Himself. So He made Himself a wife and children, and He lied to them all. He told them that having children was the only good thing, and He told them that they couldn't have children until they'd experienced evil and created evil for themselves. And the suckers believed him, and they did their best to please him by turning themselves into abominations. Thus did He splinter His poison into infinite universes, each more evil than the last.

Wow, this is very interesting fairy tale!
Husband created his own wife?!
It was a time in infinite space when there was no suffering?!
I never heard this fairy tale.

Thanks for sharing with us, Julep.

18-04-2017, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2017 07:32 AM by GirlyMan.)
(17-04-2017 06:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is my favorite fairy tale.
the end

This is bizarre. I like bizarre. The thread which seems to run through it is that physical being and everything it entails (joy, suffering, knowledge of good and evil, etc.) is a necessary precondition of the divine. Again, this seems to me to be more a Buddhist concept than a Christian one. Christians it seems to me look forward to abandoning their physical bodies to this spiritual essence where this myth see it as more as a spiritual pre-essence which is transmogrified into novicus Spartacus wannabes in the ludus under the tutelage of various doctores. (pbuh) It's more like this spiritual essence is incidental. Rebirth, or at least re-embodiment/re-manifestation/realization, is not explicitly mentioned but it seems necessary if the attainment of Godhood is to be realized in successively more capable (aware?) physical manifestations. And this spiritual essence presumably must be some sorta USB flash drive holding the Cliff notes for the software of each embodiment for eternal progression. No original Gods? No final Gods either then. A final state of transcendent being is unachievable; an unachievable goal pursued relentlessly not in the hope of obtaining it, but rather to guarantee eternal progression knowing there is no end state. Conscious self-deception in pursuit of progress. Again, these concepts all seem more Buddhist than Christian to me (I mean apart from the obvious connection that Jesus was a Boddhisatva trained by a headless Essene in the ways of Guatama and the noble eightfold path.) LDS claims that the difference is that Mormons look to self-fulfillment, not self-negation, to become exalted and Godlike but the Buddhist responds self-negation is the path to self-fulfillment and that's exactly what your martyr demonstrated. At least I think I understand now why they pray for and sanctify the dead.

Like I said, bizarre.

And did I just read Alla describe her faith as based on a fairy tale? Makes me proud. Brings a tear to me eye. :tear: Fairy tales can be useful. When fairy tales are useful we call them parables.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-04-2017, 07:15 AM
(18-04-2017 07:00 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 06:25 AM)julep Wrote:  Mormon version:

Wow, this is very interesting fairy tale!
Husband created his own wife?!
It was a time in infinite space when there was no suffering?!
I never heard this fairy tale.

Thanks for sharing with us, Julep.

I heard it from somebody on this very forum!