Once upon a time...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Once upon a time...
Okay, Miso. Ready? = )

One beautiful spring morning, I was walking through the woods when I stumbled upon a tree stump. Nestled inside was the most peculiar sight I had ever laid eyes on...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 03:47 AM
RE: Once upon a time...
...It was small; no larger than an apple, but had no apparent shape or form. As I leaned in closer to inspect it, I recoiled in horror as I realized it was moving...

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 04:02 AM
...I wondered to myself what could possibly be in this sack, in a stump in the middle of the woods? The possibilities seemed endless. I was both afraid and fascinated at the same time. After many moments, I mustered the courage to investigate further...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
26-02-2013, 04:26 AM
...Leaning in, I turned the series of dials which were somehow fixed to the outside of the sack. "6...6...6" was the combination, and the lock made a loud clicking sound. I looked to Samuel L. Jackson, who stood only a few feet away with his gun in hand, and then back to the sack. I slid my finger carefully inside and lifted up on the opening...

26-02-2013, 07:43 AM
*Sam Jackson? Alright. lol*

...Music started playing; a classical tune I had never heard before.
"This shit's freakin' me out, man." Sam said over my shoulder, "Let's go. You always get us into freaky, paranormal stuff."
Just then...

26-02-2013, 04:41 PM
...A bright light emenated from the sack. It illuminated both our faces with golden rays, and as we gazed upon its source, our jaws dropped in mutual amazement. At that moment, we knew we had finally found it. Wasting no time, I closed the sack and turned to Sam. "We need to leave," I said. "Now." He gave me a look of approval and we made our way hastily down the dirt path.

26-02-2013, 04:58 PM
"I can't believe it's been back here the whole time," I said. We ran through the woods, back up the dirt path toward my house. When we reached the porch, I threw open the door. I headed straight for the room at the end of the hall. It remained locked these last two years; Now I could finally finish what I started so long ago. It should've been done right in the first place.

I reached above the door, felt around the dust and cobwebs on the top surface of the paneling and retrieved the key. I held it in front of me, a smile slowly appearing on my face...

26-02-2013, 05:40 PM
"What the hell you waiting for?" Sam barked. With that, I pushed the key into the lock and pushed the door open with a loud, resonating creak. The room was dark and dusty, but everything sat precisely where I had left it so long ago. The shelves remained stocked with buckets of assorted tools and the tables littered with opened books; all covered with a layer of dust and cobwebs accumulated over the years. And there, on the opposite side of the room sat the machine; occupying nearly the entirety of the work-table and draped in a blanket.

26-02-2013, 06:01 PM
I walked up to the machine and slid the cover off. I pulled the bundle out of my pocket and checked the guage on the machine. It was difficult to turn, but after some tinkering, I was able to select "1902."

"You don't have to stay," I told Sam. He was standing by the door, a look of apprehension painted in his face.

"I've been through too much with all of the other 'adventures' you dragged me on before this," he replied. "What's one more trip?"

He was always there for me.

"Alright," I looked at him pointedly. "Hit the light."

26-02-2013, 06:14 PM
No sooner had he done so than the machine spring to life. There was a deep whirring sound as the aged gears and pistons began to turn and revolve. The floor vibrated and the machine grew louder and faster. From its core; a faint orange glow began to emenate and I knew it was time. I carefully opened the sack...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow "The 100 Best Books of All Time" Have you read any? Thoughts? PoolBoyG 24 418 06-06-2014 09:22 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz