Oncology appt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: Oncology appt
Well, I hope you get to spend today resting and doing anything you want.

Waiting is plain rude, isn't it?! Unsure

My wish for you is better days, and a damn fix for your calcium troubles. Yes

((hugs))

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2014, 06:36 AM
May your test results be swift, and the answers be plain and simple. Oh, and cheap, too. Big Grin

Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
26-06-2014, 06:38 AM
You're a tough nut, you'll be fine.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-06-2014, 07:28 AM
My thoughts are with you, Angie.

I know how it feels to be poke, prodded, and tested all day.

Undecided

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-06-2014, 06:10 PM
(25-06-2014 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Will be a few nervous days of waiting for the cancer marker test results but in the meantime, I get to think about the fact that I already have a really advanced case of osteoporosis. Swell, I take calcium but instead of going to my bones it just turns into kidney stone while my bones deteriorate. More tests will be needed so the docs can figure out what to do. I can't take hormones thanks to the cancer so we have to find a plan B.

BLAH!

I think you've kicked the shit outta the cancer. As far as the osteoporosis and HRT, while estrogen therapy is contraindicated for you because of the cancer, I'm not sure testosterone therapy is. Don't know whether testosterone aromatases to estrogen the same way in women as men. But I do know testosterone is a serious repair hormone.

#sigh
26-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks everyone. Will probably spend the weekend twitching and fretting about the cancer test...happens every six months. And lucky me...it's always around my birthday and Christmas...how freakin' festive.

The osteoporosis thing is upsetting...one of the meds they use has this as a swell side effect - may cause cracking of the thigh bone, which may break in half - well, that sounds dandy. I know that whatever they put my grandmother on really tore up her digestive tract...oh joy!

As for hormones, they won't put me on any hormone therapy.

For now I have upped the calcium and Vitamin D intake and if I get kidney stones again...they eventually pass. And I need to start some weight-bearing exercise.

I'll figure it out. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-06-2014, 06:27 PM
DCA

http://puredca.com/testimonials/

Mary Jane oil.
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/20...s-cancer/1
26-06-2014, 06:34 PM
All the best Anj! Heart

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-06-2014, 07:54 PM
[Image: 7a5792a96d4cb375b7ca0d0d8f0f962c.jpg]

For good luck. I wish only the best for you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
27-06-2014, 01:26 AM
(26-06-2014 06:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For now I have upped the calcium and Vitamin D intake and if I get kidney stones again...they eventually pass. And I need to start some weight-bearing exercise.

I'll figure it out. Dodgy

My Mom: osteoporosis - rheumatoid arthritis - in her early 80s - takes no medications - walks 2 miles a day.
Her advice: KEEP ACTIVE... weights... and something for coordination, balance, and flexibility - Tai chi or yoga.
I hope your doc has told you it is easier for the body to absorb and metabolize Calcium citrate. Also, mushrooms are a natural source of vitamin D. Thumbsup

Any news about test results, yet? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein